Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Happy Idea

Started by GoodFortune [2150469] on in General Discussion.

17 replies · 302 views · thread synced · 4 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 18 / 18 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
18
Discussion span
→
People posting
16
Likes on archived posts
22
Authority score
37 / 100
Historical score
22 / 100
Story score
52 / 100
Engagement score
60 / 100
GoodFortune [2150469]
damn I wish we can bottle up happiness and use it when training. Like an usable item that allows you to collect happiness, but it will reduce your current happiness by a certain percentage and adds some sort of booster countdown or something. Use the item again to receive the happiness and use the extra happy to train.

I feel that it could be an alternative to happy jumping to poor nubs like myself, just sayin'.
Shane [1514924]
There comes a point where adding stuff to the game like this would ruin it. When I started (back in the day) happy jumps weren't a thing. The general knowledge of happy jumps is enough in my opinion as the gains are massive, even if it is tedious.
I'm not saying this in a "wah I didn't get this so why should you" sort of way. I am saying it from the perspective of we shouldn't baby new players more than they already are
DedeSiregar [2430598]
Big boxes of chocolate only cost 3000 often. 48 big boxes + xtc gives me 12k happy.
Before do that I stack natural e until full then pop xanax. Get the choco n xtc, then train, refil, and done. Very affordable, cost only 2 flights to argentina, and then pop another xanax at noon.
Also around 00:00-05:00 e-dvd can be cheaper than 3.2 mill. I bought lotsa edvds for 3 mill this morning. If you really need money, can sit on strip voucher in item market and wait for desperate people selling it for 9 mill or less and then you can sell to trader 9.25 or 9.5. The morning is casino time. Bunch of gambling addicts who will sell cheap stuffs. Make sure you are online.
I do all these daily and my battle stat starts growing nicely and my nw rise 10 mill a day unless stock market fck me over. And I only fly 3x a day.
DedeSiregar [2430598]
Oh almost everyday, a dude will sell bunch of lbc for 470k. Buy from him and sell it for 490 once he's gone. Easiest item to sell. Only take couple hours and you will need more lbc lol. GL ya. Hmu if u need help
JustJanet [911066]
I don’t hate the idea. I see where you are going. Sort of like how blood bags are filled. The cost is high and the cool down is high. 20% of life and 4hr med cool down.


For happiness perhaps a journal. So you write down all those emotions in the journal, it takes 20 -50% of your current happy, stores it but it costs you 4 -5 hours of your cool down. Since the happy is taken from your current store, it’s limited, so the filling up would take time, but once you had used it enough, you could do a jump. The cost to your cool down for using it would need to be high too. It would take discipline and would allow a noob to get a jump or two before it would not be worth the effort and loss of cool down.


Just like in real life, most kids journal for at least school. Some kids keep at it in high school but most stop in or after high school. Interesting.
Penetration [2340613]
This would give rich players (restarts) an additional advantage as it could be used in conjunction with current happy boosting, and those with upgraded PI's would have the most to gain. I say this is someone who could still take advantsge of this; I think it would be OP.
JustJanet [911066]
Really? You would rather use your booster cool down on storing happy over using energy drinks?


I think the cost too cooldown would be too high once you could afford to happy jump. Recall that someone in a fully upgraded PI is at what? 5025? (I don’t own a yacht so don’t know For sure what it adds, but I’m guessing around 500) even so in my scenario saving 20% of happy uses 17% of your cool down, you’d have to use all your booster cool down to get your happy to equal 2/3 of what you have in your PI and happy replenishes so slowly. If you waited between each use until you were full again, replenishing 1005 happy would take days at a replenishment of 5 happy every 15 minutes.

I honestly don’t pay attention to happy replenishment. Do I have the timing wrong? I feel like I’m accurate in that scenario of 5 happy every 15minutes.




I’m talking off the top of my head. What am I missing?
JussiJernkuuk [1874922]
Restarts don't have an actual edge though. The game is so old now that it would probably make sense to shorten the time it takes to cap your stats. I know it's not a very popular opinion as we have all done it and hence everyone should do it, but you really need that kind of soft resets now and then to keep even a resemblance of balance between new and old players.