54 replies · 2.36k views · thread synced · 5 days ago
· View on torn.com
About this thread
Posts archived:55 / 55 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch
Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.
Archived posts
55
Discussion span
→
Authority score
59 / 100
Historical score
28 / 100
Story score
65 / 100
Engagement score
80 / 100
People posting, likes and official posts are not counted for this thread yet: on threads longer than one page they come from a periodic pass over the archive, which has not covered it.
Most-liked replies
Z_junior[247674]
· 58 likes · Yes, we are totally and utterly desperate, and I think we need to match ourselves against our equals such as TBA in a war to the death. Kata, now is your chance to destroy our desperate faction and kill us …
HerrSchmidt[2069746]
· 43 likes · Kata, have you ever looked at the respect you gain from a chain during war? Its off the charts. Not to mention competition wakes up the sleeping members who became bored with sitting around. But you wouldn't know this - …
The_Skipper[1876106]
· 40 likes · Why is this labeled "desperate"? We lost... therefore we are now desperate? Or are we just playing the game? I normally don't think much of people nitpicking kata, but I am kinda seeing their point a little bit. Kata, this …
Coming off of their recent losses to SA - and their failed attempt at fighting the alleged extortion by SA and R - JFK has started making a habit of attacking factions that would be normally seen as below caliber for them.
Faced with the devastation caused by their failed attacks on SA, Z_Junior has been forced to relocate to the north and it looks like he's possibly set his sight on a racket currently held by Impulse. The Moonshine racket is being held for 39th and is just a couple of territories away from the most northern tip of JFK's current territory holdings:
**Also, an interesting but completely unrelated note - it has come to my attention that 39th owns GOD. I fully expect Sticky and HT to come after that particular territory - but only if they don't have to travel around the globe to get there, because thanks to Jussi's thread we all know that Torn is flat and they'll just end up falling off of the edge of the map. Which would mean an easy with for 39th, but would scam us out of an amusing religious war. And what's more important? An easy win for 39th or a war for the rest of Torn's amusement?
***Apparently Sticky is in CR now lol Oh well. It was supposed to be a joke anyway.
Why is this labeled "desperate"? We lost... therefore we are now desperate? Or are we just playing the game? I normally don't think much of people nitpicking kata, but I am kinda seeing their point a little bit. Kata, this "click-baiting" title is a little....strange. Even based on your "reporting" I would have thought "shift in strategy" or "on the move" or "looking for greener pastures" might be appropriate but "desperate" seems... silly.
May I also suggest that describing us as "devastated" by SA is a bit more hyperbolic than might be appropriate. This is the most consequence free game I have ever encountered other than bubble pop (no, I take that back, you actually have to start over when you lose in bubble pop). We got what we wanted out of that war with SA. Would it have been nicer to have been able to acchieve a specific goal from SA like a racket or something, absolutely. If there had been a war that involved a goal that we both were vying for would SA have taken it and we not, absolutely. Mostly what we wanted to gain back some respect from "dirty bomb orama" (or whatever the hell we call it in torn popular culture) and we did that. Devastated and desperate seems like a silly attempt to over dramatize a fairly pedestrian game.
you make some good points but if it had gone the other way we wouldn't have heard the end of it for decades to come from Sophie et al. The decisions by JFK to assault those specific factions are noteworthy and deserving of a thread imo.
Once again, Kata is stirring up more drama in Torn, I highly doubt JFK would look to poke 39th for a fight after they've spent all the time, money, and energy in fighting SA. However, based on their current movement towards I guess we'll have to wait and see if JFK is looking to create more drama than Kata herself and actually give Kata something legitimate to write about for once.
On that note, I do find it odd the course that JFK is taking on the map after seeking out a fight with SA, and losing. Why would they turn north towards 39th controlled territories? It doesn't make sense that JFK, who so loudly advocated against racket extorting several months ago, is now be barreling through the map taking rackets from smaller factions like IA Healers after losing to a competitive faction of their own strength and size.
I guess we'll have to wait and see what happens. I just hope 39th doesn't get DB'd like PT tried, lol :)
Best for JFK would be to smash the ass off all 39th rackets, cause they r lucrative. Then reform/regroup. They got nothing to lose and i wish them truly the best of luck. They will be back harder, sharper and definately more active. If people think my views are harsh on 39th then just remember there is a food chain and that a natural Selection is inevitable.
Ok ok 39th downvotes incoming, i understand, its just the way the cookie crumbles. I am sure they will go down fighting.
JFK just finished a 10k and 25k chain fighting SA, which was the goal. Again, I'm not sure anyone takes seriously JFK's attempt to "beat" SA in territory wars. SA has been building a war machine for a few years now and is the obvious #1 faction in Torn. They currently have a strong, active, fierce player base and a well organized revive contract... hitting them off the wall is like squishing cockroaches lol
There is no "forced relocation". Calling JFK vs SA a major fight is like calling JFK vs 39th a major fight. We would wipe them off the map.
SA is a different breed, and it seems like no one wants to stop them from extorting their billions per week in rackets, which is fine I guess.
JFK is growing, JFK intends on continuing to grow.
In regards to relentless, fighting off R*'s extortion would be easy in comparison to SA. TBH, NS can handle R* on their own, so attacking their proxies would be easy to coordinate. R* has been recruiting well, but they aren't SA.