I can't be the only player in this game that thinks this seemingly important aspect of Gameplay in Torn is actually abysmal.
I recall the release of these Missions, and how they took over from the significantly more useless Missions (Memory Locket anyone? ).
I also remember the announcement of Amanda who has yet to surface after however many years now. Why are we something like 6 years in the future now with the same pool of Missions we've had for years, and no new NPCs?
Not only that...
The algorithm employed for the selection of Mission Targets is sorely lacking, and doesn't seem to have any sort of actual tangible logic behind it, almost as if completely random. If third party applications using the Torn API are capable of more critical analysis on a Player's individual statistics, there is no real excuse for the fact that Mission Targets cannot be selected more appropriately related to a player's Level and Battle Stats.
Xanax Usage & Energy Refills need to be taken into account in the Mission Target selection; because they're very obviously not currently. I've got a mission to Hospitalize a Target for 12 Hours who has not only taken almost 800 more Xanax than I have, but has also used 600 Energy Refills more than me - that's almost 630,000 Energy used to train stats that I haven't even gotten close to utilising. Even if I were to ask friends & Faction members for assistance, the reality is I'd probably still get my ass handed to me by this particular target - and the however many more from all the Missions I've failed in the last 6 months.
I had this guy spied after losing twice (once under Xanax, once without), and my target has a massive 325M more Battle Stats than I do... how can you even compete? Even with a Vicodin & Temps, I still wouldn't win.
Since I began playing again in August 2019, I've consumed over 1600 Energy Cans in a bid to try and catch up stats wise given the fact I didn't play the game for several years. But even retaining a somewhat balanced approach to Training, I just can't seem to get ahead with these Missions and have missed on tons of Books because I simply couldn't rack up Credits unless asked to send a nasty mail to someone who will never log in again, or consume some weird dog aids drug to get outta Jail.
I'll likely never see the rewards I've missed again, and from my perspective I've not really had a fair shot at trying to obtain them.
Difficulty scaling is important because it adds and element of Challenge, and Challenge is good. I'd feel satisfied fighting tougher opponents with something like 10% & 25% higher battle stats, employing strategy to try and actually win. But 60% higher? Come on!
It just seems really absurd, and as a whole Missions seem to suffer from really poor and lazy design choice.
TLDR: Missions suck, Devs really need to fix this bs.
I recall the release of these Missions, and how they took over from the significantly more useless Missions (Memory Locket anyone? ).
I also remember the announcement of Amanda who has yet to surface after however many years now. Why are we something like 6 years in the future now with the same pool of Missions we've had for years, and no new NPCs?
Not only that...
The algorithm employed for the selection of Mission Targets is sorely lacking, and doesn't seem to have any sort of actual tangible logic behind it, almost as if completely random. If third party applications using the Torn API are capable of more critical analysis on a Player's individual statistics, there is no real excuse for the fact that Mission Targets cannot be selected more appropriately related to a player's Level and Battle Stats.
Xanax Usage & Energy Refills need to be taken into account in the Mission Target selection; because they're very obviously not currently. I've got a mission to Hospitalize a Target for 12 Hours who has not only taken almost 800 more Xanax than I have, but has also used 600 Energy Refills more than me - that's almost 630,000 Energy used to train stats that I haven't even gotten close to utilising. Even if I were to ask friends & Faction members for assistance, the reality is I'd probably still get my ass handed to me by this particular target - and the however many more from all the Missions I've failed in the last 6 months.
I had this guy spied after losing twice (once under Xanax, once without), and my target has a massive 325M more Battle Stats than I do... how can you even compete? Even with a Vicodin & Temps, I still wouldn't win.
Since I began playing again in August 2019, I've consumed over 1600 Energy Cans in a bid to try and catch up stats wise given the fact I didn't play the game for several years. But even retaining a somewhat balanced approach to Training, I just can't seem to get ahead with these Missions and have missed on tons of Books because I simply couldn't rack up Credits unless asked to send a nasty mail to someone who will never log in again, or consume some weird dog aids drug to get outta Jail.
I'll likely never see the rewards I've missed again, and from my perspective I've not really had a fair shot at trying to obtain them.
Difficulty scaling is important because it adds and element of Challenge, and Challenge is good. I'd feel satisfied fighting tougher opponents with something like 10% & 25% higher battle stats, employing strategy to try and actually win. But 60% higher? Come on!
It just seems really absurd, and as a whole Missions seem to suffer from really poor and lazy design choice.
TLDR: Missions suck, Devs really need to fix this bs.