So I am a returning player, however I initially returned last April 19. I wont be on this list but I definitely have a story to share, and am sure there are a lot similar!
So I first played this game.. wow maybe 2008/09, I had a really good couple of years (I was only 11-13 ) and soon forgot about the game.. I then remembered Torn a few years later, but could never remember details to get in to my account.. so therefore a new one was made! I really struggled to get back into it all and I think I played a few days before I just gave up with it all, other friends continued to play and that was that. In real life as i got older drugs may of taken me away from the games.. breaking my laptop certainly didnt help as I then had no access to Torn City and my 'football career' was my main priority growing up too.
Then, last year I treated myself to a new laptop and it wasn't long before my friends told me to get back on... when I logged in I was level 7 with barely 10k stats... thousands of army job points which I used on strength (noob move) but instantly my love for Torn was back, and with a bit of head-start (over 2m strength). Soooo here I am! Casino has paid out a lot in the last year, I've found a new love for mugging and my activity is more than ever before! Hope to hear someone elses story, and hopefully they left themselves in the army too :DDD
As I've said, it's only people who just now came back.
You can post your story here, it still counts. But the program I run can only capture returning players in the moment, like one of those motion sensors used to film rare animals in the wild.
Below: Rare footage of Badger [429478] trying to decide if he's back or not.