Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Daily TL:DR

Started by a_mobile_gamer [2510485] on in General Discussion.

171 replies · 3.5k views · thread synced · 10 days ago · View on torn.com

Posts archived: 172 / 172 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

IamMoon [2386105]
*waits for another tl;dr.*

And joei, if you made a post like this, it would be even more biased and have more downrates and you would have more of a chance to show you are a troll.

And (hopefully) get banned.
a_mobile_gamer [2510485]
Hey All,

Sorry for the recent lack of content. I am in Asia at the moment, and I'll be damned if my LAN didn't just cut off Torn access. I literally couldn't log on for 2-3 days. In fact, I'm actually writing this on a VPN, lmao.

I'll try my best to be active (my company sure needs it )!

Best,
a_mobile_gamer
a_mobile_gamer [2510485]
Sat May 30 0000 A.C.

[BREAKING] Chedburn finally caught red-handed not replacing the Staff toilet paper roll by snowbeast. Solid evidence point to him having a large number of multies, even a whole faction filled with them!

PurpleRoman
wonders what the average age of Torn players is. He betted on 30s to 40s. Replies indicate 20s to 30s, with outliers.

PurpleRoman also wonders if it's worth it to restart. Answers severely oppose the idea.

Shooby calls out Autracity for being a trade scammer.

Aezur points out some interesting correlations between Torn and real-world numbers. Torn is/has, in the world:
  • 452nd biggest city
  • 26th largest military
  • 2nd highest unemployment rate
  • 2nd highest amount of teachers per capita
Stolaa complains that his UI (E and N bars, etc.) are not updating in sync with his actions. It seems like a common issue.



A summary of the several Company Highlights by MikePence (with clicky titles!):
Firework Stand:
  • 408 companies with 48 active
  • average star rating: 0.70* (5.98* excluding 0*)
  • 621 employees hired out of 2,355 total capacity
  • average daily income: $21,019 ($186,431 excluding $0)
Adult Novelties:
  • 740 companies
  • 7* to 10* companies on the increase
  • average star rating: 4.01* (6.38* excluding 0*)
  • 4,581 employees hired out of 6,672 total capacity
  • average daily income: $662,984 ($1,073,542 excluding $0)
Flower Shop:
  • 326 companies
  • average star rating: 1.83* (5.91* excluding 0*)
  • 1,106 employees hired out of 2,383 total capacity
  • average daily income: $137,399 ($461,755 excluding $0)

Mentions: Company Spotlight: Adult Novelties · Company Spotlight: Firework Stand · Company Spotlight: Flower Shop

a_mobile_gamer [2510485]
Hey gamers,

I'm really sorry about this, but I've had another project come up :(

I can try to do maybe weekly TL;DRs for now—I'm making subtitles for a movie IRL, and it's taking up a lot of time. That being said, it's a great movie and will be on YouTube after I'm done with it.

Love you and see you whenever I can,
a_mobile_gamer