Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Overkill in Torn?

Started by INFINICHII [2084484] on in Questions & Answers.

10 replies · 223 views · thread synced · 4 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 11 / 11 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
11
Discussion span
→
People posting
9
Likes on archived posts
6
Posts by staff, officers and moderators
1
Authority score
66 / 100
Historical score
29 / 100
Story score
32 / 100
Engagement score
56 / 100

Most-liked replies

INFINICHII [2084484]
Real simple question/concept.

For those that have played CoD, my question is if there is an Overkill type option on here?

This means having two primary weapons at the cost of something. If so, I was wanting to attain so I could try and get two primary weapons I like up in there level, and if it doesn't exist, I was thinking of the kind of things that would be a con to using it, like not having the consumable slot, like for one time items such as grenades or Medial items, or even removing the melee slot AND consumable slot. My other idea was for there being a negative stat effect maybe, like a percentage drop to dexterity or defense when actually using it, ranging from 25% to maybe even more if it may be a broken function, idk. I get how some people have strategy to how they attack, such as certain combo items. For example, I usually spray and then go with a melee weapon for lower levels, or just a primary. Some people though like being a one-trick pony, so I don't how many people would actually use this. Idk though, maybe it already exists and I'm just spitting out other ideas. If so, then the idea would be that you can turn the option on/off and that when it is in use, that would be when the negatives I mentioned would take effect, like the constant debuff of stats of removing certain slots.

I honestly think a combination could work, my overall want (it being it doesn't already exist and I'm not talking out of my ass) is that when in place, it removes secondary (obviously) and also melee, but keeps the consumable slot and there is only a slight stat debuff that is permanent when it is in use.
Jack-o [133039] Admin Staff
Personally I think that the weapons system as it stands is just the right balance of flexibility but also simple and easy to understand. Adding in additional perk features similar to Call of Duty would over complicate things in my eyes.


That being said you could always post this as a suggestion in the Suggestion forum.
878thBattleCat [2021453]
Most shooting games have the same weapon set up as Torn: 1 primary, 1 sidearm, 1 melee, 1 temp. CSGO, TF2, Borderlands, Destiny, Half life, Battlefield, Far cry....

Need I go on?
Rekker [1761]
I believe it be best that we do not copy other games, what we have now is what I believe to be original and the majority get on just fine how it is.
That being said, if you really want to gain traction with this it would be best to post in suggestions.
No_yolo_plz [1889385]
Um, if you actually played those games then you will know the 1, 1, 1, 1 equipment archtype isnt copy and pasted across all games.

CS:GO - 1 primary, 1 secondary, 1 melee, f**k ton of smokes/flash/nades/firenade (XD)
TF2 - Highly depends on class, but usually 1 class primary weapon , 1 universal weapon, 1 melee, 1 class item (can be consumable or not)
Borderlands - Literally guns among guns with more guns and mooar guns (among grenades, class mod, shield mod, and game type mod (relic, oz kit, etc.))
Destiny - 1 common ammo gun, 1 uncommon ammo gun, 1 special ammo gun
Half life - Crowbar, phys gun, grav gun, pistol, revolver, pump shotgun, pulse rifle, xbow, rpg, grenade, .........
Battlefield - 1 Primary, 1 Secondary, 1 Melee, 2 class equipments, # grenades (forgot how many grenades you are allowed)
Far cry 1 and 2 - 1 melee, 1 side arm, 1 primary, 1 special weapon, + grenade/firenade
Far cry 3 and 4 - 4 weapons + takedown + grenades/fire + rocks
Far cry 5 - 1 sidearm, 3 weapons, lots of baseball bats/shovels/oars/etc., tonnes of throwables (knives, dyanamite, grenade, bait, c4, prox c4, smoke, etc.), a fishing rod, blowtorch, lots of flowers (drugs basically)

Also I took way too much time compiling this list lol
878thBattleCat [2021453]
When you nitpick something enough, everything is ackchyually not correct.
Does the rainbow really have 7 colors? Well ackchyually... it has all the color, not just 7.
Kelsie [340367]
You can report your initial post (triangle with the ! In it) and ask for it to be graced. Or contact a staff in case they don’t see this thread.


Good luck with your suggestion!:)