Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Organized Crimes and Recommended NNB

Started by Traxler [2093418] on in Tutorials & Guides.

224 replies · 55.2k views · thread synced · 10 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 225 / 225 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
225
Discussion span
→
Authority score
77 / 100
Historical score
58 / 100
Story score
65 / 100
Engagement score
91 / 100

People posting, likes and official posts are not counted for this thread yet: on threads longer than one page they come from a periodic pass over the archive, which has not covered it.

Most-liked replies

Traxler [2093418]

Ever wondered how to distribute your members between Organized Crimes? Look no further, here I'll not only provide a guideline you can simply follow, but also the reasoning behind it, so you can try and dare, if you so desire:




  • [background color=var(--bbc-body-bg-color)]Blackmail - anybody;[/background]
  • [background color=var(--bbc-body-bg-color)]Kidnapping - 20+ NNB (20-15 should work too);[/background]
  • [background color=var(--bbc-body-bg-color)]Bomb threat - 25-30 (I have had better success with no more than one 25 in a team);[/background]
  • Planned Robbery - 30-40 (35-35-35-30-30 is a perfectly viable team, for example);
  • Money Train - 40-50 (45-45-40-40-40-40 is a solid team. Maybe go with 3x 45's to be extra cautious);
  • Cruise Liner - 40-55 (average member should be ~50, so balance 40-45's with 55's);
  • Plane Hijacking - a mix of 60's and 55's. The more/stronger 60's the better, but the failures will be happening regardless. We had a decent success with 2 60's and 6 55's, I've heard of even weaker teams with over 50% success rate. ("We are now 2/3 with the plane hijacking of 2 55 nnb and the rest 50" AlexeaNikkole)
  • [background color=var(--bbc-body-bg-color)]Political Assassination - 4x strong 60's, or 3 even stronger 60's and one solid 55, or... yes, thanks to Rosie, we know that an ultrastrong lead can carry THREE greenleaves in a PA (mind that there are only so many players capable of this. Most probably, only the strongest pre-nerf busters). To start you team, aim for 120k+ (100k, if you're feeling risky) combined arsons. Closest alternative, PH, gives 150 arsons CE boost on success, while PA - 650. So you only need for your team to succeed 25%+ of the time, to be more viable than PH[/background]
Important note: nothing affects OC success chance except for raw CE and a Law Firm bonus. Law Firm bonus is applied to each player individually. If you have equivalent of 20k arsons worth of CE and are in a 7* Law Firm, you will be treated in OC as if you had 24k.

In the same vein: the players in your faction not assigned to any OCs (and/or within the same OC) are listed from highest to lowest raw CE, so you can plan better, knowing which one of your 40's is "strong", and which is "weak".

And another note: as an OC manager, at some point the hardest part of your job will be to decide who deserves the boost from higher OC the most? Should you always put the strongest guys in the highest OC possible, or maybe this active noob who's spamming arsons like a madman deserves a spot in Cruise Liner more than a higher NNB, but barely active guy? Up to you to decide.


NERDY STUFF ALERT!!! Don't need to read further unless you really want to. The guideline above works perfectly fine on its own.

Now, are these teams gonna be successful 100% of the time? Absolutely not, and for two reasons:
a) Every OC has a success cap, just like individual crimes, and thanks to Josephine we know that a 60NNB can fail a Blackmailing;
b) They don't need to be!


  • Failing an organized crime doesn't result in CE loss, which we know thanks to CloudJumper's extensive testing (I accidentally confirmed it myself: hit 60 in the morning, went to jail for PH fail in the evening. Remained 60, naturally); (Further confirmed by Clitasaurus)
  • Every next OC offers significantly higher monetary reward per player-hour than the previous one. See the table at the bottom for reference;
  • Higher OCs provide more CE per player-hour as well. Now we only have figures from Nash's testing: 650 arsons equivalent for a PA, 150 - PH, ~72 - CL. I've checked Money Trains extensively, and the figure is pitiful - around 10-15 arsons (shout out to all the 60NNB speedrunners, who keep track of all their crimes). Extrapolating from here, I'd say PR offers about 3-7, and the rest isn't worth mentioning, at all.

These three points lead to the main conclusion: PUSH YOUR LIMITS. Don't be afraid of experimenting and trying, see how to squeeze the most cash for your coffers, while giving your members the best boost they can get.


Table 1, monetary reward per player-hour, $:
[image: i.imgur.com]

Table 2, the breaking point of success %. For example, if your cruise liner is successful LESS than 50% of the time, it's better to move your members to Money Train teams (assuming that MT will never fail. Not the case, but this guide has become convoluted enough already :)
[image: i.imgur.com]
GracefulHunter [1900839]
Personally I had little success with 25 nnb in bomb threats and 30 nnb in planned robberies and I kept hearing that those are viable numbers.
Guess it was just a bad luck streak.

Anyways thanks for the guide, very helpful!
kYo [2106640]
Hi!

thanks for writing this guide. Just a question on your preference, assuming that there's 9 people who is good for bomb threat (they're all around 25-30 NNB). The ranking goes like this, A, B, C, D, E, F, G, H, I where A is strongest of the lot and I is the weakest.

Do you micromanage them by planning (A, D, G), (B, E, H), (C, F, I) or just plainly (A, B, C), (D, E, F), (G, H, I)?

I do the former, but not sure if it is worth the effort.

Thanks!
Traxler [2093418]
A good question! Yep, I always try to keep teams as balanced as possible, and it is worth the effort (set them up once, and just keep them rolling).

I didn't include it in the guide, but two people with the same NNB can vary significantly in CE strength, which affects the success chance, obviously.
SexxySweety [671797]
Important note: nothing affects OC success chance except for raw CE and a Law Firm bonus. Law Firm bonus is applied to each player individually. If you have ~20k arsons and are in a 7* Law Firm, you will be treated in OC as if you had 24k.

Is it possible to get a confirmation of this above statement..I do not read the law firm boost as only adding 20 percent arsons. maybe more like 20 percent total cxp..
Kobie [2156358]
That has been confirmed by Ched in a forum post, though I can't find the link at the moment. In regards to the law firm boost... You are correct. It adds 20% to your total CE.

The reason arsons was mentioned is simply because arsons are used as the standard for measuring CE. For example, a PA is the equivalent of 650 arson crimes ( according to the research of others). A thorough robbery crime is worth 1/3 arson CE and so on.

Edit : I've found Ched's Quote

Mentions: Issue regarding unclear wording on merit upgrades

kYo [2106640]
I think he meant PA is worth 650 arsons in terms of experienced gain... PA requires like 20k (I don't have the numbers offhand but I'm very sure it's not 650. lol)
Kobie [2156358]
Yes, that's exactly what I mean. I wasn't saying you only need 650 arsons worth of CE to carry out a PA lol..... Though that would be nice :)
Legaci [2100546]
Next time, can we have the nerdy stuff first? xD

R+ awesome work :)

Edit, PR i go by total NNB collected 160 as a bare minimum anything above is fine. and afaik 290 for MT's