72 replies · 1.5k views · thread synced · 4 days ago
· View on torn.com
About this thread
Posts archived:73 / 73 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch
Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.
Archived posts
73
Discussion span
→
Authority score
61 / 100
Historical score
44 / 100
Story score
64 / 100
Engagement score
78 / 100
People posting, likes and official posts are not counted for this thread yet: on threads longer than one page they come from a periodic pass over the archive, which has not covered it.
Most-liked replies
Raewyn[174440]
· 28 likes · Married him in-game... then married him IRL. It's worked out pretty well for us so far :P
Leafeh[467479]
· 23 likes · Have to wonder, how exactly did the marriage to your real life partner fail in-game?
Chit[1380260]
· 13 likes · I spent the better part of 3 months asking LucyPanda to marry me. She said no every time, until I think she made a joke that if I sang to her...she would. Jokes on her, it's been 1428 days since …
So I have bee married 5 times that i can remember. A few have ditched me. A few went inactive. Got my real life partner to join the game and married her. I went inactive for ages and now I'm just married to a faction mate.
Has any one got any interesting torn marriage stories we can share?
What do you look for in your partner in crime and all that stuff.
Yes I'm a little bored but am also interested in hearing some of your stories and tales.
Leafeh - we both ended up with no internet for a while, we had to make do with some old fashioned burner phones due to breakage and no cash to replace them. I came back online 6 months ago once things got better. She made a new email just to log onto torn and has yet to got to the trouble of working out how to sort out the issue. (It worked ok for us though)
Tbh, my current in game spouse has to be the best spouse I’ve had. My past two spouses I gone inactive on and they eventually divorced me. But I really didnt mind. When I got back I saw Rhi’s personal on the newspaper. Initially I gone over to the personals to see who was obviously fake and have some lols about their description. But when i saw Rhi’s was intrigued and messaged her. She’s pretty cool, I really like Rhi. Glad to say she’s my ingame spouse. Usually I tend to keep to myself but I can’t see my gameplay without talking to her anymore...
when I get excited about something and I have goals in game I tell her about it and she listens.
s0ldierGurl left me twice, for women (I think one was a pretend woman though, if that matters). I had most of the merits, don't see any point in being married otherwise. I go through phases where I'm not very chatty, so being single I can just chill and do my own thing.
Yeah, we were good friends on Torn for a few years until we eventually met IRL, luckily we only lived a few hours away from each other so it wasn't a huge deal :P He moved in with me a few months later and never left. Got together in late '08, married in '14.
We both took about a 10 year break from Torn somewhere in the middle but back here playing the good old game of 'Do you remember this person?' now.
Unemployed Ngurah Alit, 18, was seen in a Bali paddy field standing naked behind the animal.
He claimed he believed the cow was a young and beautiful woman, and it had seduced him with flattering compliments.
He was then forced to marry the cow to cleanse the coastal village of Yeh Embang of the bestiality.
But during the ritual Alit passed out as locals and police – drafted in to keep journalists at bay – looked on and his mother began screaming, according to Detik.com.
One villager said: ‘Poor kid. He’s actually a quiet kid.’
Alit quickly then became a widower when his new bride was drowned in the sea as part of the Pecaruan ritual.
Alit was only symbolically drowned and bathed on the beach. Chief Ida Bagus Legawa declared that the village had then been ‘cleansed’ from the ‘defilement from the incident.’
I have married a new man, and we've been going strong for 0 days now.
Hmmmm? Oh, my husband? Well...he is nice. Used to be a faction mate, now is a faction mate of a friend.. but yeah, Ive divorced 3 times. If only alimony existed....
Fluffy - I feel ya. If I remember right sOLdierGurl left me for you way back when we was all well under 100 days old. Perhaps under 50 days.
I can remember your 100 days berzerker prezzo of being left on the street. The torn version of the Bumps!!! Ha ha was your name fluffy ninja back then?
My first spouse kept getting attacked in a war and kept crying. So I divorced him. And he quit playing the next day.. which I would've used him for merits, but all good. I don't plan to get married again. All good now.
Nothing too interesting here... met my now spouse when I was guest chaining and we fast became best friends. After a couple failed marriages, we finally had the opportunity to get married and the rest is history. One of the few I trust beyond belief in this game. Haven’t met in rl- yet but we will eventually. Lots of ups and downs, but forever best friends. We have our annual birthday letters we give each other every year, basically praising one another and reminding each other that we are special to the other and that sort of stuff.