Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Self-Busting

Started by JustJanet [911066] on in Suggestions.

60 replies · 693 views · thread synced · 12 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 61 / 61 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
61
Discussion span
→
Authority score
54 / 100
Historical score
46 / 100
Story score
55 / 100
Engagement score
74 / 100

People posting, likes and official posts are not counted for this thread yet: on threads longer than one page they come from a periodic pass over the archive, which has not covered it.

JustJanet [911066]
I asked Bogie why self busting isn't something tracked and he said he didn't know. I came here to suggest it and saw that it has been suggested before but I'm suggesting it again since that suggestion is 4 years old.

If it is not something the game wants to do is it possible, now that we get a record of all actions taken to use that record to track the stat from now on? I did check to see if it is tracked on torn stats. it is not. (unless it isn't under jail... that's the only place I looked.)

Anyhow... I would really like to know how many self busts I do.
sirachosur [2467363]
Since self-busting counts against NNB, I'd think it is tracked. So the game has the data, it's simply not published. But yah that stat would be nice to have.
JustJanet [911066]
I try to do it every time I fail a bust. Sometimes it is easy and then other times it just doesn't happen. I have no idea how many I have done. I used to bust quite regularly when I first started the game and I started trying to self bust pretty soon after being regularly successful at busting. It took a long time to be successful the first time but afterward I did it with what seemed like regularity until I hit like I don't know 1500 busts? then I just stopped busting. I started again. now but could just be a false memory. I started busting again about a year ago. I'd be interested to see how my self busts add up.
Shooby [2510470]
Should also incorporate the option to turn being busted by another player off, like you can for revives.
JustJanet [911066]
I disagree with that. Getting jailed should not be a safeguard from muggers. If you add the option to turn off getting busted that is what it would be.
OneArmedHermit [1866312]
https://www.torn.com/forums.php#/p=threads&f=4&t=16062700&b=0&a=0&start=0&to=18824484

I still want to see the statistics for this implemented. If the CE gain is static for these I don't think the cost should still be 1/3 total nerve. As you gain more skill and join a faction that has criminality perks it becomes more expensive to use nerve to escape.