Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

UcanTeneke Fedding - Was it iribuya?

Started by Jammy_Git [259767] on in General Discussion.

166 replies · 6.07k views · thread synced · 4 days ago · View on torn.com

Posts archived: 167 / 167 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Proxima [1879587] Wiki Editor
If you wanna sit here and tell me you think it's cool to buymug your own team mates under the pretense of gathering evidence, when you know full well a report to staff will alert them to the situation where they will have absolute access to much more sophisticated methods of detection, then you do you. But that makes you bitch material too
Indubitably [2117849]
I already said I didn't agree with how he did it on my first post to you.

And if they had such sophisticated methods of detection he would have been caught prior to the reporting.

Pretty sure they had to manually review the account to notice how sketchy it is. The same way Iribuya was going to manually review if it's possible to buymug him. (which was dumb because it proves nothing and if he was successfully buymugged you'd just be sad)
Shooby [2510470]
He deserves to lose some of the money he made from cheating, whether it's from being buy mugged or removed by staff. You wanna complain about him trying to buy mug a teammate, but Ucan was also doing his teammates, fellow traders and everyone else in the game dirty by cheating lmao.

f**k em.
Proxima [1879587] Wiki Editor
And if he's innocent? (or was innocent, not even sure where the investigation is at).

Then what? He deserves money taken, arranged by a supposed "teammate" because he thought he was cheating?
Shooby [2510470]
That's a hard "if".

I believe there's was ample evidence before any arrangements were even made that proves he's scripted. Infact I'll put up $250m that says he's guilty.
Proxima [1879587] Wiki Editor
It's not a betting situation. I reported them. I'm not claiming to believe they're innocent, nor is that relevant.
VitaGreta [1867016] Wiki Contributor
After reading many good posts here on both sides I kind of end up in the middle (typical Swedish ikr)

Iribuyas intentions were "perhaps" good but the way he chose to confront it was not good.

Its not so nice to treat a faction mate like the way he did and mask it all as "collecting evidence". A simple
report would have been enough. Period.

The intentions to bust a cheater is good. Period.

But what happens when someone masks their "true intentions" by intentions to bust a cheater?


I am not going to post anything more here, UcanTeneke is not in perma Fed yet and the curtain has not yet fallen..
Auggie [924001]
Of course he was using scripts. The question is if the scripts he was using were against the rules. From everything I've heard talking to script writers over the years, there is quite a lot that can go into a script without it being "illegal" and being creative with them can push the boundaries of what would seem 'fair'.
kYo [2106640]
scripting is not illegal. Automatic scripting is.

i.e.
scripting to pull data from API to tell you when cooldown is due is not illegal (like Torn's PDA and DocTorn)
scripting to pull data from API to tell create faction information image is not illegal (like yata)
scripting to scrap source of countries when travelling to find out stocks information overseas (like arsonwarehouse, yata and previously doctorn)

scripting to automate purchasing is illegal.
scripting to automate vaulting is illegal.
scripting to automate attacking/war jumping during chain is illegal.
scripting to pull data from API to take xanaxs and gym when cooldown is over is illegal.
scripting to automate buying of plushies and flowers when landed overseas is illegal.
Aleks-ODBird [2259658]
In real life, would you have gathered any evidence to prove a stronger case, and at the very least, eliminate your doubts or would you just accuse everybody you think is doing something illegal?

For one, if everybody just reports people they have doubts in, the police (or Bogie in this case), would have to trudge through more false reports for every one true cheater.. How long would that take?
Aezur [1950769]
There's 604800 seconds in a week.

That 84% would mean he was only offline for 3 hours a day for a week straight.

Maybe devs should write a flag for what is clearly either scripting, or extremely destructive behavior.

Fed if there are other signs of cheating, but y'know, maybe send them a message and see do they need help if there's not.

(Seems that all the 'super advanced cheat catching scripts' that get talked out about, this should have been an easy catch.)

[image: media.giphy.com]
BobbyBG [2501930]
Like, he responded pretty promptly whenever I messaged him when he bought my items at all hours, and with either a super smart AI, or a player response. Also I liked him. I see the timestamps, but like, it's possible for it to be done legit, and with his multiple screen setup he had seems smart to do it as fast as humanly possible, especially with a faction mate paying players to mug him. It's what I do, as like, who wants to be mugged?

I think he was great for the market, and since his removal points and plushie prices are collapsing as he isn't pumping money in, which is terrible for us newer players as less money for the same time investment.
Wamu [2029854]
Sorry about Clout. It was fun while it lasted. Stay strong. It's not the end of the world.
I'm always here if you need someone to talk to or a shoulder to lean on.
billmain [2303881]
Following this logic, i guess it's okay to hire a ruthless mugger to break into my neighbors house because I suspect he's breaking the law?
GH0STY [1933277]
Buying items from his bazaar and then money spying on hand would essentially yield the same results and would probably be cheaper.
JussiJernkuuk [1874922]
That would be as pointless as iribuya's buymug experiment. Either he would have been online or a script would have made the deposition, there's no way to tell for sure what happened. Staff are much better equipped, let them handle these cases.
Aezur [1950769]
I meant a better way of figuring out if my neighbor is breaking the law. Hiring all these ruthless muggers to break into his house isn't yielding the results I wanted.