Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Torn addiction

Started by StumpyDog [2252131] on in General Discussion.

73 replies · 1.18k views · thread synced · 7 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 74 / 74 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
74
Discussion span
→
Authority score
57 / 100
Historical score
27 / 100
Story score
62 / 100
Engagement score
77 / 100

People posting, likes and official posts are not counted for this thread yet: on threads longer than one page they come from a periodic pass over the archive, which has not covered it.

Most-liked replies

Mentioned in this thread

HeadJob [1935957] ×1

StumpyDog [2252131]
Just how addicted to torn are you at the moment? Do you have things you put off of torn? Do you have any of those "sorry please b quiet I'm just about to land" moments, do you schedule your life around torn?
A little poll underneath for you.
Tell us your addiction stories?
StumpyDog [2252131]
I try to schedule things around when I land normally or schedule landing around quiet times in my day.
I dont set alarms during the night.
I do piss my gf off most of the day just because I'm not concentrating on her
cow [2048141]
I am very addicted

I don't go outside, I play Torn.

I don't go to work, I play Torn.

I don't go to school, I play Torn.

I have played Torn for so long that I have shriveled up and now look like this:

[image: cdn.lowgif.com]
Kelsie [340367]
I am extremely addicted to Torn. Sometimes I notice my mom is talking to me and I’m like hold on, reading this forum post/chat real quick.. she’s like wut?? xD

I have been late to things because I was chaining, in the middle of a convo, etc. A few mornings I was late getting ready for work because I was in the middle of doing something on torn.... it was a LOT worse when I was in highschool lmao.


Maybe my time management sucks as a whole and torn isn’t helping <.<
Styledcurve [2493033]
Ok i see the meta here. Some of say sometimes and other say torn is life, .. some are in denial and others are honest with themselves,,,,

......

I am in denial.lol
Migs [2166018]
I had to take about a month away from the game to reevaluate how much time I spend on the game. It can be a problem for sure. As of now, I would say I'm not spending too much time on the game.
CoolguyRuler [2183404]
Sometimes I make an odd mention of it without noticing it.

"I need to use my E" "I need to take a drug"(this one has raised some eyebrows) "I need to fly"

Worst one that ive ever said in public on a date was: I need to burn down a building".

I guess you could say moderate interference with RL.
StumpyDog [2252131]
U sound as though you have a quite severe torn addiction. Maybe I should have used a % sliding scale for this. Maybe you should answer then your rl spouse should answer the same question
Kyro [2007441]
left work an hour early with the excuse “I’m bleeding”

just so I could check the effectiveness of my employees
Kelsie [340367]
Oh I forgot... last year during insurgency there may have been a few nights I left work early so I could help man the wall.... and stay online for like 12 hours, sleep for about 3 hours. Go to work and repeat xD major rip
StumpyDog [2252131]
Yeah i like that, collect your "I am addicted to torn badge" second door on the right. Next to the do not enter this door door.
LordofFire [2411517]
I can annoy my rl wife because i'm always checking in on Torn for trades. My smartwatch goes crazy because of discord, and I missed a few deadlines at work before they blocked Torn. Now i get the remark I spend a lot of time on my cell lol