Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Flying in Reverse

Started by Kylar_Stern [1302645] on in Bugs & Issues.

39 replies · 524 views · thread synced · 4 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 40 / 40 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
40
Discussion span
→
Authority score
60 / 100
Historical score
39 / 100
Story score
54 / 100
Engagement score
73 / 100

People posting, likes and official posts are not counted for this thread yet: on threads longer than one page they come from a periodic pass over the archive, which has not covered it.

Most-liked replies

Mentioned in this thread

Jas [522441] ×1 MrAshKill94 [1850991] ×1

Brian [85088]
That's just screaming time traveler honor to me.

I'm not sure how that happened. If no one can give a decent answer here, I would be tempted to make a bug report on it. That would drive me crazy not knowing wtf happened, lol.
Kylar_Stern [1302645]
Yeah but they're all three noobs, so that makes sense.

On a serious note, might have been during the server shut down and reload times, not entirely sure though.
Cthulhu [1616063]
Edit: Hornz was able to help :D

At one point way back, specific travel spots weren't recorded in statistics. Due to a bug report, a script was run that set everyone's total times traveled to align with the sum of their total times traveled per destination.

It wasn't over the whole month, but when stats are viewed like that, it only plots points every x amount of time depending on the selection. It won't show the exact date unless you're on the 1 month view.



Many really old players lost thousands of trips.



Here is where it was fixed:
https://www.torn.com/forums.php#/p=threads&f=19&t=16064272&b=0&a=0

Mentions: Time spent traveling is broken

Leafeh [467479]
I'm not sure I understand, this was done back in 2018, why are we recording drops only now in 2020 if this is the cause?
Brian [85088]
So basically it's because we are old...

Kinda makes me feel like I'm getting alzheimers in Torn.

Me: Back in my day I traveled almost a hundred times!
Kid: Okay... Not according to the stats sheet...
Me: I swear I did!
Kid: Uh huh... Go back to watching your wild west movie.