Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

For The Women On Torn

Started by Blasted [1934909] Helper on in General Discussion.

215 replies · 3.33k views · thread synced · 4 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 216 / 216 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
216
Discussion span
→
Authority score
62 / 100
Historical score
42 / 100
Story score
68 / 100
Engagement score
86 / 100

People posting, likes and official posts are not counted for this thread yet: on threads longer than one page they come from a periodic pass over the archive, which has not covered it.

Most-liked replies

Blasted [1934909] Helper
Is it just me or does every single person on Torn automatically assume that you're a guy? It's freaking me out. I don't know if it's my profile pic or the name or the general vibe I give off but EVERYONE just assumes I've got a d***. Does this happen to you guys too?
h3110 [2493776]
I always assume everyone is a guy lol until I've noticed their not and I feel very weird. It's also because 85% of players on torn are males so by assuming you are a male I have an 85% chance that I'm right.
2480971 [2480971]
I mean what is it that makes you think people assume you’re a guy?

I personally don’t see why it matters what sex someone is on here, and call everyone “mate” which is something done often from where I’m from.


From what I’ve heard you’d be glad to not be immediately recognised as a female, as not everyone realises Torn isn’t a dating service lmao
Emforus [2535044] Wiki Contributor
Rule 29: In the internet all girls are men and all kids are undercover FBI agents. Dunno why you thought this would work differently in torn...

EDIT: Think about this way: Just like there's guys playing as girls to get free stuff, there's girls playing as guys to avoid any unwanted attention and harassment. It's easier to assume everyone's a guy and avoid either of those cases.
Sara [2430219]
I find my name makes it easier for people to figure it out, but I'm quite happy when I don't get special attention just for being female.
hammi [2235955]
The last time i assumed a female was actually a female in Torn, it was a guy.... he got so pissed at me that i had a bit of a bounty storm happening for a while. Now i just assume everyone is a male and i apoligise to the females i upset.

Also.... sorry if I've thought you were a male at somepoint : ))