Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Incorrect Title given?

Started by Blexi [1458703] on in Bugs & Issues.

11 replies · 190 views · thread synced · 4 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 12 / 12 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
12
Discussion span
→
People posting
8
Likes on archived posts
24
Posts by staff, officers and moderators
4
Authority score
60 / 100
Historical score
33 / 100
Story score
46 / 100
Engagement score
60 / 100

Most-liked replies

Blexi [1458703]
I was given the title “Socialite” this morning, which I was told is for sending lots of mail. I have never gotten this title before and I haven’t sent any mail the past week. I hardly send any mail generally anyway, so I suspect something went wrong there?

My previous titles were Damage Dealer, Medalist, Booster and Soldier since the titles were introduced
CloudJumper [1636201]Staff
I don't see a reason for the system doing it wrong, there hasn't been any noted change to the system. Your rank in other categories may have slipped down causing this change perhaps? We can ask Joe if there's any discrepancy.

Thanks..!!
Chedburn [1] Admin Developer
With 55,345 messages sent I don't really understand how this would be unexpected?

Even if you haven't set any mails in the past week, perhaps you were right on the threshold and then overtaken by other people (your position decreased) in the other ranks?
Blexi [1458703]
Just find it unexpected given that my mails sent has barely changed in the last 2 years, and I have never gotten the Socialite title before.

I could have been on the threshold, but must be quite a coincidence that I never passed the threshold in the past 24 months.
Matty_h [48911]
If you don’t like the title, just complete the required actions for your old title and you should jump back to it.

If you were on the threshold for being passed shouldn’t take much work to get it back.
Blexi [1458703]
Hehe I don’t really care what title I am. I’m not actively working towards any. I just thought it was odd and thought I should raise it. Love the memes though! And thanks for the link. That’s helpful!
Chedburn [1] Admin Developer
We could gather and check the raw data - we've done that before, but in this case I don't believe it's worth bothering developers over.

If you're been given the Socialite title then one of two things has happened...

1) You've sent enough mails recently which has pushed you into your highest position compared with all other stats.
2) Other people have overtaken you on your other qualifying titles making socialite your highest one.

I presume #2 is correct.

Thanks.