Indeed.
Everyday you see posts from employees with very strong opinions on companies and how they need to be re-balanced. But if companies are so unbalanced and great, how come they prefer to not run one themselves? It's a bit funny, and also a bit sad.
I am a director in real life as well and I see the same psychological behaviour all the time, both in game and in real life. People are blinded by the misconception that company directors are making huge profits with little to no effort. They ignore every negative aspect of running a company.
There are certainly still some problems with the TC company module. But honestly, has any other module been getting so much negative attention in recent years? The stock market is the real money printer in this game (now that casino loopholes have been looked into). Investing in stocks will easily outperform even the most expensive and oldest income-based companies in the game. And you almost never have to worry about ROI.
Active players desire a broad spectrum of player-owned companies in the game. They want their specials, and ridiculous salaries too. But who should be running all of these companies and take all the risk, if they are not supposed to be profitable? I know from talking with directors on a daily basis than many directors actually make less per day than their employees. More than you might think actually lose money, just to keep the company going.
Now, I'm not saying that companies are not profitable. They can be. With the right setup and experience and a lack of heart (in terms of management) you can make much more as a director than you ever would as an employee. The same can be said about the top percentage of stock investors, traders, buy-muggers, scammers, faction owners, poker players... and so on.
Sometimes I just feel that ordinary, casual players needs to let go of their envy and start thinking about how to copy the succesful strategies of others instead. TC is a game where you can excel right from the start, in many different categories. I see year-old accounts that are vastly more successful than I am after nearly 6 years of playing this game. And I think that is something positive.
Everyday you see posts from employees with very strong opinions on companies and how they need to be re-balanced. But if companies are so unbalanced and great, how come they prefer to not run one themselves? It's a bit funny, and also a bit sad.
I am a director in real life as well and I see the same psychological behaviour all the time, both in game and in real life. People are blinded by the misconception that company directors are making huge profits with little to no effort. They ignore every negative aspect of running a company.
There are certainly still some problems with the TC company module. But honestly, has any other module been getting so much negative attention in recent years? The stock market is the real money printer in this game (now that casino loopholes have been looked into). Investing in stocks will easily outperform even the most expensive and oldest income-based companies in the game. And you almost never have to worry about ROI.
Active players desire a broad spectrum of player-owned companies in the game. They want their specials, and ridiculous salaries too. But who should be running all of these companies and take all the risk, if they are not supposed to be profitable? I know from talking with directors on a daily basis than many directors actually make less per day than their employees. More than you might think actually lose money, just to keep the company going.
Now, I'm not saying that companies are not profitable. They can be. With the right setup and experience and a lack of heart (in terms of management) you can make much more as a director than you ever would as an employee. The same can be said about the top percentage of stock investors, traders, buy-muggers, scammers, faction owners, poker players... and so on.
Sometimes I just feel that ordinary, casual players needs to let go of their envy and start thinking about how to copy the succesful strategies of others instead. TC is a game where you can excel right from the start, in many different categories. I see year-old accounts that are vastly more successful than I am after nearly 6 years of playing this game. And I think that is something positive.