Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

RIP

Started by Pickle_Slinger [2357191] on in Graveyard.

59 replies · 1.42k views · thread synced · 13 days ago · View on torn.com

Posts archived: 60 / 60 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

FATU [1482556]
And as a final mention. He didn't get it fixed. I did. He stole my code after I made the update to fix that issue.
Pickle_Slinger [2357191]
FATU has a hard time understanding how open source code works. Despite all the changes and upgrades I made to the script, he reported it on greasy fork and got it taken down. He wasn't satisfied that I credited him with the base code right in the OP from the start.

Here on torn there are many big scripts that share code. The giant that is TornTools has even used code from several scripts and combined them into one great tool. That's the beauty of open source software.
DeKleineKobini [2114440] Committee Committee
You are having a hard time to understand that just because code is readable that it isn't open source. In fact, it's copyrighted and f**king illegal to use it with permission.

And to correct you, TT doesn't use any code of any scripts. Even not from my own. We do ask permission, out of courtesy, but it's not needed as it's our own code.
tos [1976582]
lol anyone that cares about someone copying their userscript for Torn is a cry baby, this isn't some big complex project you are going to put on your resume nor is it something you can profit from (real money). I get the sentiment but I think it's misplaced.
FATU [1482556]
I remember being on the graphics forum for Torn back in the day and the minute a signature even looked like someone else's everyone jumped on it and went mad. Because it's stealing.

Had he asked I would have handled this differently, but he didn't. The worst bit is that when I looked into it I found out he's been pushing my updates as his own and taking credit and that pissed me off. It's just a shitty thing to do.
tos [1976582]
Fine, be whiny about it then. Be more concerned about getting credit for some silly script rather than happy that someone took it and learned from it. If they took your script and fixed something that was broken that means they took the time to try to understand what was going on, find the problem and correct it. Maybe just keep some perspective, this isn't something you are making any kind of money on, and smile about it instead.


PS any of my shit is free to copy steal and use, no credit needed... I really don't care... fair warning though it's kinda ugly
https://greasyfork.org/en/users/71540-tos
FATU [1482556]
Cool bruh, not everyone shares your opinion which is why licenses exist.

As I've said, the bit that got me the most is just copy and pasting updates from my own script and calling them his own. There's no learning going on there, just stealing. And then playing it off like it took him a while is the cherry on the cake.
Aezur [1950769]
I agree with FATU.

OP stole a script and tried to pass it off as his own. When it broke he couldn't fix it cos "IRL work", then he steals from FATU again and pretends it's his update. All of this is pretty damn scummy anyway, but he has the audacity to have a f**king "If this helped you donate to me in Torn" link in the f**king OP.
Pickle_Slinger [2357191]
I didn't just copy and paste updates. I only updated the script one time since releasing it, and it did take days. I went through several fixes before coming to a working solution. I gave you credit in the OP, and never once claimed that the whole script was mine. I'm tired of wasting time arguing over it though. Nothing is being gained from it. You got mine taken down, so I'm not sure what more you want.
Pickle_Slinger [2357191]
Nobody ever donated, but it would have been nice since I spent several hours adding in the changes that I wanted to make. I never tried to pass off the script as my own sole work. You managed to read all the way to the donate button, but couldn't read the bold letters where I credited FATU for the original script?
FATU [1482556]
[image: i.imgur.com]
Here's my update. There's everything I changed to get it to work. Now let's have a look at your script after you 'fixed' the issue yourself without copying from my script.

And now yours:
[image: i.imgur.com]
Damn bro, you even got the same comments too. Tell me more about how many days you spent fixing it!
FATU [1482556]
You credited me for 'parts' of the 'old' script. Not only did I make the entire thing my dude, but it's an actively updated script.