39 replies · 686 views · thread synced · 5 days ago
· View on torn.com
About this thread
Posts archived:40 / 40 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch
Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.
Archived posts
40
Discussion span
→
Authority score
58 / 100
Historical score
26 / 100
Story score
59 / 100
Engagement score
72 / 100
People posting, likes and official posts are not counted for this thread yet: on threads longer than one page they come from a periodic pass over the archive, which has not covered it.
Most-liked replies
BaronVonDude[2169790]
· 20 likes · I'd have them make fight club - my original idea Fix bookies Bring back competitive warring. Make more shit to do so flying is actually stimulating Edit: Put a permenant ball gag in DUDE'S mouth
Andyman[471591]
· 13 likes · I'd make a giant territory on the map connected to 40 other territories. This giant territory would have a 100 player wall. Every second a non-recruit player held a spot on the wall they would earn +1 score for their …
Twitter[2309219]
· 3 likes · If I could change one thing... The community manager would be a non-player with no ties to factions, volunteer staff, players, etc. Because no matter how many good decisions a player makes as CM, he/she will never be free from …
Every update, patch, scandal, and announcement makes us Torn denizens froth at the mouth and throw a fit.
"It's CLEARLY broken!". "That'll NEVER work!". "You're working on THAT and still no crimes 2.0?"
These are our rallying cries. But if you could change one thing, expedite one feature, undo one update, etc... What would you do? Are you releasing crimes 2.0? Faction warfare? Undoing the group attack changes? Make punishments harsher? Rolling back the mug nerfs?
Wave your magic wand and change one thing about Torn.
(I just wanted to see some general discussion in GD)
100% agree. This would be mine too. There are just so many benefits; a money sink for the economy, an outlet for aggression, a reason to train stats, a way for non-HoFs to feel a part of the game. Ranked/tiered warfare should be a top priority.
1. I'd either completely get rid of karma, or create negative karma with graded "consequences" to posting abilities.
2. Make small-scale warring more attractive.
3. Carry out some form of modified and mandatory "Prestige" system - for instance: resetting anyone whose battle stats reach 4B, or whose NW reaches 100B, allowing them to retain job stats and $5B in networth, but zeroing lvl and BS.
1. Agreed. 2. Agreed. 3. Haha, that would make things very interesting. Like a death mechanic. You're reborn with a small loan from your father. 4. I see this is where the plan really comes together!
If I had magic wand god powers. I would full reset. Torn is fundamentally not the same game as it used to be. It has also stagnated. A hard reset would be like the Wild West again. It would be crazytown.
I would add all the UI normally available to the travel screen and make only crimes, attacking and racing unavailable, until you land. God, why I cannot see the faction page while travelling?
Improve traveling without a doubt, Since its part of every growing Torn player. Traveling has a good potential to improve the current repetitive gameplay but its never given the attention it deserves.
I would bring back the merits for 500 hospital items stolen, because not only did I earn "I'm a Real Doctor" fair and square but the new honor bar looks absolutely hideous.
I'd make a giant territory on the map connected to 40 other territories. This giant territory would have a 100 player wall. Every second a non-recruit player held a spot on the wall they would earn +1 score for their faction.
The faction with the highest score after 48 hours would have it's name etched into a wall in the Community Center and would earn a "faction glory badge" which would display on the faction home screen and hall of fame. Every player who was part of the winning team would earn +1 to a "glory badges earned" personal stat. The giant territory would disappear after the 48hr period.
Every 6 weeks the process would repeat except the giant territory would be in a different location on the map.
In September of 2022, Ched would release a merit for "10 glory badges earned."