Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

[NEW] API Driven Game

Started by Bug [1455582] Committee on in Fun & Games.

135 replies · 1.84k views · thread synced · 11 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 136 / 136 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
136
Discussion span
→
Authority score
48 / 100
Historical score
51 / 100
Story score
64 / 100
Engagement score
85 / 100

People posting, likes and official posts are not counted for this thread yet: on threads longer than one page they come from a periodic pass over the archive, which has not covered it.

Most-liked replies

Mentioned in this thread

Dr_Phoenix [1601223] ×1 VVoozy [2110553] ×1 Player 2386297 [2386297] ×1 onii-chan [2468893] ×1 Kafia [2480738] ×1 ddtyterminator [2504634] ×1 Floyd [2514492] ×1 jackiewelles [2593143] ×1 pustak [2597273] ×1

Bug [1455582] Committee Committee
Hi there, I'm testing out an API driven game so feel free to give it a try. How does it work? Send me exactly $5 with the coordinates you'd like to claim from the below grid in the format "X-Y', here's an example:
[image: i.imgur.com]
You can only claim 1 square on the grid per game. If you guess the correct square it'll turn green, if your in the correct row or column then it'll turn yellow (meaning you were close), if your completely wrong then it'll turn red. There is only one winning square and the winner of each game gets 1 Xanax (hush, it's still in testing) nothing currently (I'm tinkering), good luck.

The Game Grid
[image: sliw.co]
If you can't see the game grid, click here.

Previous Winners
[image: sliw.co]
If you can't see the previous winners, click here.

Note: It can take up to 60 seconds for this to update after you make your entry.
Note: After a game is over it will automatically reset at the next hour mark (xx:00:00).
Bug [1455582] Committee Committee
Your limited to one entry per game board, once it resets though you may enter again :)
Lance0 [2298087]
Sounds really good.

Only question: what if people send money to you, and they both pick the same square before the board updates it?
Bug [1455582] Committee Committee
Each square can only be held by one player, whoever gets their first will take it :)
Bug [1455582] Committee Committee
I feel like the games would end too quickly then you'd be sitting and waiting for them to restart if I did this, for this game I've switched it to 2 tries per person though as a test :)
Bug [1455582] Committee Committee
It would appear allowing Zee to have two votes really broke it.. I've reverted that for now :)
Aezur [1950769]
I'm flying right now so can't enter, but love the idea. R+.

In regards to the updates, isn't the API 15 minutes behind 'live'?
Bug [1455582] Committee Committee
Only for the stock market.

I can pull my own personal data up to every 30 seconds.
Lance0 [2298087]
Would've been zero if not for the people who bet on 7-2 I think after it was confirmed that 7-7 I think was red lol, and same for the 14-2 guy