78 replies · 4.26k views · thread synced · 6 days ago
· View on torn.com
About this thread
Posts archived:79 / 79 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch
Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.
Archived posts
79
Discussion span
→
Authority score
60 / 100
Historical score
34 / 100
Story score
67 / 100
Engagement score
83 / 100
People posting, likes and official posts are not counted for this thread yet: on threads longer than one page they come from a periodic pass over the archive, which has not covered it.
Most-liked replies
BodyBagger[99177]
· 79 likes · I wish I had paid only $10M for SEs. The average I paid was probably upwards of $500M. I didn't buy them early like Nota and Thuglife. By the time I used them, they were much more expensive and there …
nex[2054500]
· 48 likes · No SE cooldowns, "cheaper" SE's and you could mug people for all their money on hand in no time. It was a lawless wasteland. I'm sad I missed it.
Andyman[471591]
· 39 likes · There have been a few holes in the ship that were patched over the years, here are a few of them: - Busting used to cost energy, but you could self-bust and increase your dexterity by a small % upon …
Not all but a better percentage than you could get nowadays. Also, I don't think there was any cooldown on a mug so you could mug them every time they came out of hospital and still gain the same percentage as the first mug. It was indeed ruthless.
I don't really know why everyone brings up the booster CD thing, tbh he is one of the oldest active players and 4000 SEs at 4 a day is 'only' 1000 days and in terms of this game, that's still not a whole lot...
The mugging and cheaper SEs are a different story though
Since there was no such thing as 'mug protection', players could/would buy* pricy items from other players bazaars or market, followed by revive-mugging them out of existence. Leave your revives on and go AFK for 10mins with 500m worth of items in your bazaar, you'd come back to 20m left if the right set of people caught you.
Intravenous therapy wasn't a thing back then either, and SED's were expensive, so 'self-hosping' was a pain in the ass.