Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

LONG TERM Subscribers

Started by BaronVonDude [2169790] on in General Discussion.

108 replies · 2.05k views · thread synced · 7 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 109 / 109 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
109
Discussion span
→
Authority score
61 / 100
Historical score
39 / 100
Story score
65 / 100
Engagement score
82 / 100

People posting, likes and official posts are not counted for this thread yet: on threads longer than one page they come from a periodic pass over the archive, which has not covered it.

Most-liked replies

Mentioned in this thread

1vasari [1857828] ×1

BaronVonDude [2169790]
I feel like the subscribers that have stayed long term should be recognized. Thrown a bone or some shit tbh.

The boxes recently were def cool, but too often I get crap on that sub day, however I do support the game so not always in it for da Mo-knee. The boxes were a "subsceiver at the time we decided to do it" kindda thing. Cool n thx

BUT

LONG TERM subscribers should be appreciated to some extent.
Why not throw us a bone for subscribing for the long haul? Not just being one at the time you throw out boxes.

Like, I've seen a lot of people wanna cancel their subs for various reasons but many stuck it out.
Not pay to play, but throw us a bone man, right?

I dont f**kin know. Thoughts? The benefits do kindda suck most of the time outside of an occasional book. I haven't seen a book in ages so meh?

Something that keeps a subscriber actually subscribed.
Artemis_x3 [1285627]
I think long-term subscribers deserve novelty items rather than "beneficial" items.

"Like, I've seen a lot of people wanna cancel their subs for various reasons but many stuck it out.
Not pay to play, but throw us a bone man, right?

I dont f**kin know. Thoughts? The benefits do kindda suck most of the time outside of an occasional book. I haven't seen a book in ages so meh?"

That also being the case, maybe you, friends, and other members/players, could petition for staff to get you special items that help you where you're struggling in the game, and you can use your loyalty and monetary contributions as leverage to convince people you need the boost.
Shockwave [2599475]
Whoever reported this post is stupid.

I agree with you, sir. Long term subscribers should be rewarded a bit more. I mean, people like myself, we are off and on with subscribing but the true torn citizens who subscribe to keep this game running long-term deserve something special. Maybe we should introduce a feature where the longer you subscribe the better subscriber gift you get the next month.
Brian [85088]
Personally I think long term subs don't need anything. But to appease the people, they could add a system where you earn subscriber points every month. Then there is a special subscriber shop where you can spend those points. The items in the shop, well that's totally up for debate. But there could be items in there that could cost you a whole year worth of subscriber points or maybe even more. Perhaps these points could be used to enter special raffles, or maybe new skins or *cough* dark mode *cough*. I think it would give people more of a reason to stay subscribed. And perhaps you earn more points for each consecutive month you stay subscribed, but balanced though so it isn't too crazy.
iribuya [2103695]
Subscriber rewards are MORE then fine. You get donator status and average over 10m/ month in items and chance for invaluable books.

What I do think Chedburn should put into the game is a REAL cosmetic items. non-tradedable, non refundable, non-usable in battle.

Each subscriber gets 1 Torn-Buck (or whatever you want to call it) per month. Players can also buy torn-bucks for stupid amounts of money.
With this cash they can buy hairstyles / beards / backgrounds on profile / some clothing items truely unique.

Chedburn needs to give players that make enough money ingame and are already subscriber an option to make more to him for other fun stuff.
Shoop [1326199]
Subscription is fine. If you don’t like it, cancel your sub.

Why the hell does everyone want everything for free these days?
Robbo [1826175]
"Why the hell does everyone want everything for free these days?"

bruh, that's the point it isn't free.

and ched don't give a shit, he has plenty of people subbing in the current format even though it's stupid, so he ain't caring as long as the plebs are paying him money.

the way I see it, if he improved the subbing rewards and format he could increase the amount of subs even further, get every single player desperate to sub, more money more devs faster updates, better for everyone.

f**k it eh, ched ain't gonna listen, the fact the op is reported just shows how retarded some of torns player base is.
fxm [2476827]
Are y'all actually asking to make the game more p2w? The sub rewards are absolutely fine, even most of the time very noticeable (I've found that just about every sub older than 2 years has networth totally not accurate to their state gameplay stats, I'm not complaining but it makes a point). I support people suggesting non-tradeable rewards, something to use on your own that does not affect others, that could be pretty cool and actually support the game with more subs. Other than that, it's already pretty damn rewarding and balanced, don't touch it.
bogie [148747] Admin Staff
I think this is a horrendously unfair statement.

We are very appreciative of all of our subscribers, long term subscribers would have had the benefits from years of subscribing, we don't want to make Torn a pay to win platform, nor do we want to squeeze every penny out of players that we can by min maxxing the payments or sub system, we want to continue to ensure Torn is free to play and access for all.

Subscribing of course does give additional benefits, but not so overpowered it requires you to subscribe, that's not what we want.

We have recently increased the sub point draw rewards by a factor of 20 and refreshed the item pool, additionally in that time thanking all existing subscribers by giving them a freebie of that, and as of last month we will cancel subscriptions of inactive users ourselves to ensure people aren't paying for a service they won't be using, Ched very much does care about the player base and is very thankful to all subscribers.
Adrenalinas [1974447]
I am subscriber almost all time I playing torn so about 4 years.
And I think we already get a lot of shit (free books is already OP as f**k)

This game should not be pay to Win (or at least you need pay a lot not few bucks per month for getting fortune)
Capac [1540341]

Been subscribing for nearly 10 years and actually won in the draw today....first time!!

You won 5,000 points in today's subscriber draw! 04:20:13 18/11/20



RobberHood [2361494]
If you were to compare the stats and networth of long term subscribers to a non-subscribers and again to someone that doesn't even have donator status, I'm sure it will show subscribers are getting their money's worth.

Personally, saving that 24m per month is the main reason I sub, plus the book drops, which are invaluable.

You've already had years more fun than me, now you want to be prettier than me, too? :(
Robbo [1826175]
yes I made many suggestions in that thread and increasing the pool of winners was one of my suggestions. I never asked for anything game breaking, I feel the points thing was warranted due to the increase of subbers and the points rewards never grew to match.

I don't necessarily mean ched I guess, the community as a whole gets incredibly butthurt when you suggest improvements to the sub framework.

Just anything to increase to desirability of subscribing should be seen as beneficial for everyone, more money into the game. Totally cosmetic would be great, rip weapon skins and give me cool shit to stick on my guns, I dunno. Create a community event to design some stuff to use in the game, whatever.

Torn never seemed that interested so I gave up making suggestions and trying to encourage people to get on board with improving the system. You can only be told to stop whining about getting free shit so many times.
Ejaculate [2604953]
Look around you. Because you pay $5 a month. a noob troll can spam global. a little piggy can write his diary on the forums. a salty baby can bounty a whining adult. lovers can stalk each other. some old hag can catfish a youth.
all because you paid. Doesn't that makes you feel satisfied enough