Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

iOS scripting

Started by Robinheqd [2611150] on in Tools & Userscripts.

18 replies · 369 views · thread synced · 5 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 19 / 19 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
19
Discussion span
→
People posting
11
Likes on archived posts
18
Posts by staff, officers and moderators
5
Authority score
56 / 100
Historical score
20 / 100
Story score
35 / 100
Engagement score
62 / 100

Most-liked replies

DeKleineKobini [2114440] Committee Committee
I've once read about someone using scripts on iOS.
It was very user unfriendly though, as he had to copy sll the scripts code etc.
I don't know who anymore, neither how.
Sulsay [2173590] Tester
Sounds like a jailbroken (or somehow "ejected") device, or? If not, I'm interested to find out more! :-D
Manuito [2225097] Committee Committee
It's certainly possible if you use you own webview controller in an app that has support for it (it can be a very basic app).
Helcostr [1934501] Wiki Editor
You can also write shortcuts to auto calculate alarms for yourself if u know how to use shortcuts :P

You can't inject JS into the browser though...
Life [2210003]
Browser bookmarks can run any valid javascript - this works android and I've been using it myself.

This seem possible on IOS but using different syntax (see https://imgur.com/uRvETy1 )
Don't know if this is still the case on recent updates however
Sulsay [2173590] Tester
Never heard of that one but it looks promising. Does it support actual script (the likes of greasemonkey scripts) or only arbitrary one-off JS?
Untouchable [1360035] Committee Committee
Only arbitrary ones, I’ve either had to rewrite or adapt common scripts to work on it, but hey it’s better than nothing!
Manuito [2225097] Committee Committee
If you guys are interested and think there is a script that can be helpful for more people, we can add it to Torn PDA, as it is also available for iOS. It can be fully automatic or activated on request by the user (same thing we dobwith the bazaar or city items finder).
Robering [2607327]
Been using Torn PDA for a few months and the features are really helpful. I believe there’s a script to help find Santa in Christmas Town so this would be a good addition I think. (If you could also add a ‘back’ button to the full browser window, I would be ecstatic!)