Ok, still Noob here...
But have just learnt that there used to be chess available on here? How many of you play? And even if only a "casual" player, would you support its reinstatement?
Also. who knows the reason for its removal in the first place?
(I've already made a guess to this in forum that I found out in...)
Bots
People replicating your moves against hard difficulty ai and then making the AI's moves against you
K, so far. Could not just make it player Vs. player? Otherwise, If bots main reason, what's to stop them in RR? Or Poker?
I love a nice grinding came of poker, but I love chess too...
Its what the post above said, people playing againts bots/ai with high difficulty and replicating its move. No way to block that.
Like I said in other thread, (Actually said "lemme guess, ppl opening another browser, and checking moves.)
So I have TWO solutions now.
1) speed chess. ( I already mentioned)
2) If they can do it, so can you, so the best "replicator" wins?
(no.2 kinda defeats the object, but I wanna play! And it'd still be a match. Plus not all comps are all that)
Just a thought...
what would be the point then?
that's dumb, why would you want to watch the TCEC or the...
Top Chess Engine Championship
Speed chess does sound good though, wont be long until there's a bot for that though
1. It takes second to replicate move
2. Whats the point of playing it then?
I just wanna play chess! (on here, vs, human, but apparently that's impossible.)
And ferk 'em. I'd just play 'em for the pure ferk-offness of it (no cheatin' for meee)
And RR is random chance, at least this would take time!
And yeh, speed would weed 'em out for like what, a month? (hopeless romantic optimist here!)
#bringbackchess
lol everyone's saying it'll be overrun by bots, but there's actually one line I have in prep that's anti-bot because even Stockfish can't analyze it properly.
anti computer moves dont work anymore, you can google it, it used to work back when nakamura took down rybka like a decade ago.
Not gonna read that whole thread, just seeing what I expected to be fair. Seems like you want to make it a Casino Game with bets - well, I'd love to see that as I'm a considerably good chess player myself. With the problem of AI, the only thing that'd still reliably reduce a lot of cheating is bullet chess, but that also misses the point. I'd say, just make it a casual option even without bets. Everything else just results in the same problem over and over again, and no, I don't feel like playing Lc0 or SF in here, can do that on my phone already.
In short: I'd R+ the idea of having chess (back) in here, but not necessarily as a casino game.
#bringbackchess
#bringbackchess
That's two (Inc. me, so far...)
And If we go into it, knowing there's more than a fair chance of cheatin' buggers then we were fair warned, and fore-armed.
The path of the righteous chess player on Torn, it seems, is beset on all sides by the inequities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil bots/ cheaters. Blessed is he, or SHE who, in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the pawns through the board of darkness, for they are truly their player's keeper and the finder of lost pieces what get knocked off and roll under the bloody sofa. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and the furious anger of two Queens because you where dumb enough to let said pawn reach your side of the board whilst my original queen was holding firm/occupying your attention, (plus the "bottom right hand side" bishop that you failed to bash) those who attempt to poison and destroy my right to play HERE. And you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my "Oh, that'd be checkmate then!" comment upon you...
And yes, that was from pure memory (obv. edited it a tad.)
Uh for the simpleminded folk out there... here's the old link
(don't worry it's broken)
https://www.torn.com/loader.php?sid=chessWS
I don't even want cash! I would like Game! Ferk casino. And like, playa vs. playa, casual option (u da man, I guess that makes it THREE ppl already? not much, but a start!) I'm no slouch myself, would just luuuuv to play it here (failing that we could always "do it" somewhere else? Nudge nudge wink wink) Although its not exactly 50/50 on opinions so far (and yes, thread is still well young) but my feelings/hopes to see chess back here is disappearing faster than a fart through hemp pyjamas...
Well, thanks for that!
*Crying bitch to Queen 7*
Simple solution. They should remove it from the casino. It'd be a fun thing to just mess around with during chain watching. That said, if anyone wants to play me on lichess.org let me know. They have anonymous matches, so you don't even need an account.
How about 1vs1 solving chess puzzle in a certain time period, like 30s