Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

CHESS?

Started by DoctorCuraga [2615198] on in Graveyard.

44 replies · 572 views · thread synced · 10 days ago · View on torn.com

Posts archived: 45 / 45 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Paul [1176287]
Everyone who says bring back chess has no clue what their talking about. Imagine playing Russian Roulette against a bot who knew where the bullet was. That’s what chess was like.
Beerstein [1322136]
Also, there's no practical reason Torn needs it. If it were popular sure, but it serves no game function in that people can just as easily say "let's play" or even wager on Torn, then pop open another site.

It was really cool the way it was done but ultimately didn't make sense as a Torn resource.

No Bogie, it wasn't RMT, it was a really heated game of chess!
ThePureOne [2203165]
If it’s that bad for people to worry about chess cheating, why not just make no gambling involved and just a leaderboard. Who the hell would spend hours to get top spot in a leaderboard for chess by cheating? If they do they really need to look at their lives.
DoctorCuraga [2615198]
I only wanted a game of chess. F**kin Perma-bounty me if that's so wrong.

*Going to pure just damn well invite it now*

Yo mama dint complain when I licked her queen clean off the board...

Sorry thats the best I got, cuz I actually love Torn.
DoctorCuraga [2615198]
This is not A dig/sexual thing/ insult whatever... have already requested GRAVE.
Guess i'll see u wen I get out of Hozzi.

I call stalemate

Damn, there is no proper cry emojji option...
Lance0 [2298087]
by requested grave you mean I had to click to report button to point to reply 23 (the 1st time you said to grave it).

Yeah it's pretty much necessary to speed up the process, but it can still take several hours.
pustak [2597273]
If something like what the school testing systems use is implemented, then yeah it's possible. Moving away from the tab or taking your cursor off the window automatically forfeits the game.
ThePureOne [2203165]
People did this for RMT, bug exploited, multis, and everything else that made them have a superior advantage over others. I’m pretty sure a very small minority was like, “yeah, let’s risk my account to be ranked on the net worth/battle stats rankings”, also some people got fedded for breaking social policies, which I bet is still more common than people that want a better ranking on the leaderboard.
jamespiano [2640069]
This is the solution to bot cheating:
https://github.com/clarkerubber/irwin

You can easily modify the code to work on torn. admins could either install to a server or local machine and then set up a reporting tool or have an automatic analysis on games and then punish cheaters.
Brakier [2095393]
we could get a new type of place, like the game room, or arcade or something name, wich is just a place where ched puts player vs player games wich dont fit into the casino area. i mean if it keeps players on the site, its probly a good thing, i think?
JussiJernkuuk [1874922]
Imagine the outcry from people waiting for ranked warring or crimes 2.0 if Ched would announce that he's going to assign a dev to bring back chess. The more I think about it, I can actually see it happening haha.