So with the new Elo rating in place, it begs the question... who will become our first Torn Grandmaster?
When it comes to Chess, a GM must have an Elo rating of at least 2500 (along with some other qualifications that are hard to apply to Torn).
I have a couple of discussion points, some of which may become more obvious as time progresses but could still be fun to speculate on in the early days...
1. What should the conditions be to consider someone a Grandmaster in Torn? Purely an Elo rating, or should they also have to meet additional attacking related requirements? These are the current chess GM regulations:
[image: i.gyazo.com]
2. Who will become the first "GM" of Torn? For now I will define this as 2500+ Elo.
I am offering an SE of your choice for the first person to make it to this title, as well as an SE if anyone can guess who makes it there first - this guess must be posted/sent to me BEFORE anyone reaches 1800 (will regularly be checking with TornStats and/or CRLFs table).
When it comes to Chess, a GM must have an Elo rating of at least 2500 (along with some other qualifications that are hard to apply to Torn).
I have a couple of discussion points, some of which may become more obvious as time progresses but could still be fun to speculate on in the early days...
1. What should the conditions be to consider someone a Grandmaster in Torn? Purely an Elo rating, or should they also have to meet additional attacking related requirements? These are the current chess GM regulations:
[image: i.gyazo.com]
2. Who will become the first "GM" of Torn? For now I will define this as 2500+ Elo.
I am offering an SE of your choice for the first person to make it to this title, as well as an SE if anyone can guess who makes it there first - this guess must be posted/sent to me BEFORE anyone reaches 1800 (will regularly be checking with TornStats and/or CRLFs table).