Sent you a message with the dropbox link. Please check, thank you.
Auto mug?
Started by Curio [645429] on in Bugs & Issues.
Posts archived: 75 / 75 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch
I've read through your browser network logs and I want to try a few more things. Can you install a fresh browser, like Firefox or Safari, something you don't play torn in (preferably a browser you've never used before for anything really), and don't install any addons. Let me know if the pages load any faster then.
Depending if that changes anything or not, I have different ideas of what to investigate next.
Depending if that changes anything or not, I have different ideas of what to investigate next.
Here's dem Video. The lag doesn't occur 100% of the time but when you're stalking a mug, it's very annoying.
I've never faced these outsides of TC Events. Been like this for a week now!
I've never faced these outsides of TC Events. Been like this for a week now!
- Also, This log I clicked mug 10 seconds after the fight was over. It just kept showing dem 3 dots, I tried reloading and shit. Nothing worked it auto left after 30s. Maybe it's my internet f**king up but idk it's weird. Things like these never used to happen but its more often now!
So this screenshot is from a freshly installed Firefox without any addons. The load time is similar to what I'm experiencing in Chrome. Notice the load time highlighted below (this is while browsing a forum thread).
[image: i.imgur.com]
[image: i.imgur.com]
The "finish" loading time in the debugging log will continue to rise as long as you have the window open, as your browser is keeping web sockets open to the server (for chat, ajax refresh, etc), so that's normal. What we want to look for is things like the sidebar not beginning to load until well after the rest of the page has loaded. You can see this in the waterfall by hovering your mouse over it, and looking at the Waiting (TTFB) portion of the request. In some of your earlier logs, things like the sidebar were not beginning to load until 6-8 seconds after the rest of the page has loaded. Anything that keeps a websocket open will show as grey in the waterfall and forever loading (it isn't, it's just keeping a connection open for constant updates)
Inside of Firefox, can you try closing all of your chat windows and see if you encounter anything as bad as previously? Also close Chrome, so nothing is making requests in Chrome at the same time. I'm interested to see if this helps at all with certain aspects being forced to wait to load on your browser.
Inside of Firefox, can you try closing all of your chat windows and see if you encounter anything as bad as previously? Also close Chrome, so nothing is making requests in Chrome at the same time. I'm interested to see if this helps at all with certain aspects being forced to wait to load on your browser.
I noticed increase in performance in Firefox with all the chats closed. This screenshot below is also from browsing a forum thread.[image: i.imgur.com]
Now I'm reverting back to using Chrome with all the add-ons enabled but with all chats closed. I'll keep an eye to see if there's anymore slowness.
Now I'm reverting back to using Chrome with all the add-ons enabled but with all chats closed. I'll keep an eye to see if there's anymore slowness.
Unfortunately I'm still experiencing slowness in Chrome with add-ons enabled (all chats are closed).
This video is from opening Events while flying.
This video is from opening Events while flying.
Disable all of the addons in Chrome, and then enable them one by one, testing the performance each time. We might be able to identify a conflict between some addons, or if there may be too many requests being made between them to the API too quickly.
https://imgur.com/a/mQtgskF
Ones from Chrome with Addons and Scripts
Seconds in Edge with no Addons and shit!
Ones from Chrome with Addons and Scripts
Seconds in Edge with no Addons and shit!
Try disabling TornTools first, it's a resource hog.
This is without addons Racing page
This wasn't happening in Firefox, correct? Only in your Chrome?
Yes, but then again I did not use Firefox long enough to test out because these slowness/lag do not always occur.
From the HAR files before, it seems like you might have additional extensions running in Chrome (not related to Torn), it might be worth trying to disable all extensions and seeing if it makes any difference in your load times, because this could be a problem with Chrome itself. Failing that, completely uninstalling and reinstalling Chrome would be a good next step.
Goddamn, seeing Choco going after the problem like a beast is sexy as f**k. This thread almost makes the B&I forum look like it belongs to a serious company.
Congrats, Ched, you finally hired a professional.
Took you long enough.
Congrats, Ched, you finally hired a professional.
Took you long enough.
I'm probably late to the party, but I agree with the comments here that I've been seeing lags in attacks since Valentines event which have messed up a couple of my mugs.
Its great to see choco working on resolving this issue. Hopefully this works out and us muggers can go back to having no life outside of torn. XD
Its great to see choco working on resolving this issue. Hopefully this works out and us muggers can go back to having no life outside of torn. XD
Join an NPC fight and try to land all your hits with a melee weapon
I've just sent you a link to Google drive for new HAR files. These are generated while running Incognito mode in Chrome (no addons were enabled). Can you compare it with the previous HAR files and see if there's improvement? Just by browsing on Incognito mode for a few minutes and I do feel slight improvement.
These are indeed much better compared to before. 99% of the page has completely loaded within 3-4 seconds, and only a couple of faction tag images from usernames are remain loading for a complete page time of about 5 seconds. There are no sidebar stalls for 8 seconds like before in these.
So, it seems like there's some Chrome extension (probably not the Torn related extensions) or something else inside of Chrome specifically that may be causing these issues for you. Incognito does disable the extensions, so that was a really good test.
Like we tried before, you can maybe remove everything from Chrome and then add the Torn related addons back one by one and keep testing your performance. Or you can take the lazy way out and just use Firefox for Torn, since it's a fresh install. Either way works.
It also seems that having too many chat windows open contributes to the browser being unable to render all of the page quickly.
Things I would recommend to others while we try to replicate the mugging/attacking specific issues:
1. Use a fresh browser install (not Edge or IE)
2. Disable all extensions/addons, Torn related or not.
3. Attacking with 25 tabs open (only sometimes an exaggeration) and active is probably not the best idea for optimum performance, but I'm still gathering info on how we can deal with it.
Always try fresh, and add things back slowly to see how the performance is affected.
Thanks for working with me and continuing to provide info, this gave us a lot of insight on things and we're still working on improving things on our end as well.
So, it seems like there's some Chrome extension (probably not the Torn related extensions) or something else inside of Chrome specifically that may be causing these issues for you. Incognito does disable the extensions, so that was a really good test.
Like we tried before, you can maybe remove everything from Chrome and then add the Torn related addons back one by one and keep testing your performance. Or you can take the lazy way out and just use Firefox for Torn, since it's a fresh install. Either way works.
It also seems that having too many chat windows open contributes to the browser being unable to render all of the page quickly.
Things I would recommend to others while we try to replicate the mugging/attacking specific issues:
1. Use a fresh browser install (not Edge or IE)
2. Disable all extensions/addons, Torn related or not.
3. Attacking with 25 tabs open (only sometimes an exaggeration) and active is probably not the best idea for optimum performance, but I'm still gathering info on how we can deal with it.
Always try fresh, and add things back slowly to see how the performance is affected.
Thanks for working with me and continuing to provide info, this gave us a lot of insight on things and we're still working on improving things on our end as well.
Thanks for helping to analyze this issue and staying patient with me as sometimes I cannot reply immediately. There are extensions that I have to use for work purposes, so I'll either have to live with this lag or just use Firefox.
As for attacking/mugging testing, I can probably test it out next week unless someone else wants to help out over the weekend.
As for attacking/mugging testing, I can probably test it out next week unless someone else wants to help out over the weekend.