Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Closed

Started by realistassassin [1565696] on in Fun & Games.

125 replies · 2.41k views · thread synced · 6 days ago · View on torn.com

Posts archived: 126 / 126 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Jairyll [2167612] Officer Officer
Please everyone be aware I wouldn't support any scam! This is a raffle of TheCarCollectors conditions! I just hold the Bugatti for him...so if he wouldnt refund the dp's, I wouldn't refund his Bugatti. Clear thing. Nobody is forced to participate

Edit: You sent a Bugatti Veyron to thecarcollectoR. Be aware It his back in his display!

Please also see Bogie's post below! Thank you!

Mentions: realistassassin [1565696]

kukk [249085]
Changing the terms several times during the raffle, whereas people enter under various conditions.

If it isn't a scam, then I would like be informed how to properly categorize such behavior.

People have a baseline, based on what risk they are willing to take based on the odds to win and the value of the prize. Altering these values after people are already invested is manipulative behavior and not true to the spirit of a genuine raffle

23.1m for 1/500 to get a Veyron is not equivalent to 23.1m for 1/750 for the same prize.
realistassassin [1565696]
I just want to clarify this a bit:

Yes, it is true that the original raffle started at 500 tickets, but was altered to 750 tickets minutes after due to feedback I read from the first Bugatti Raffle. The first joiner joined several hours after the ticket amount was changed to 750. So even the first joiner joined with the 1/750 chance.

However, due to feedback later on in the thread, I reverted the ticket amount back to 500 as that number seemed to please people more. Therefore participants chances went from 1/750 to 1/500, which benefits them more than anything else. I have also made it clear that the ticket number could ONLY decrease, never increase after participants have joined.

Any subsequent updates I have made to the raffle conditions was only to further improve on transparency and providing legitimacy to the raffle. I don't think there is anything wrong with that.

Any further changes that are not regarding transparency or legitimacy proof will be ran through all current participants, and if even one ticket holder rejects the change, the change does not go through.
fREakEr [1844126]
1.The terms were changed before anyone joined.
2.Clarification was posted but leaving the original post as is, is misleading for sure but should be corrected soon.

3.AK is long dead. Are you sad about it? spamming forums with it. If you have issues having been gang bang by AK or rather by Vulpes Vulpes, forums arent where you gotta sort it out. Book a some session with a psychiatrist.

4. Right now, you are just a butthurt bloke with a gaped butthole prostituting itself at various factions.

TheCarCollector mismanaged his timing but in no case did he scam anyone. Rather people are happy to have a greater number of tickets.
Calling out his error is definitely right. But being a salty drama queen and dragging bs past AK stuff onto his post and wanking all of his participants in PM just shows you have a vendetta to uphold rather than rectify a wrong.

You are such an imbecile.

[image: i.imgflip.com]

edit: Someone mugged you and stole $66,537
You placed 4x $20,000 bounties on butt for a cost of $120,000 : mug bcz his butthurt

Mentions: Z_senior [2020322]

bogie [148747] Admin Staff
Staff are not involved with this event. Enter at your own risk.

Helper staff should not be getting involved in something like this to guarantee "scam free", there are strict policies within staff that state this - whilst I'm happy to help facilitate certain events it should be something that I am involved in so that any blame can be on me, and so that sufficient rules or safeguards can be put in place.

The fact that conditions of this event were changed, and the fact that OP went to another staff around me (after asking and pending a response) puts me off immensely, but the main thing that meant I wasn't keen to be involved was because this wasn't a giveaway, it was just a straight no risk sale for the OP (as there was no guarantee for the draw, just a refund, which should not be on staff to check logs for - that is not our business).

Whilst I appreciate I did something similar with Vasto recently we had further safeguards in place, primarily the fact it was going to be given away no matter what, at what was (in our opinion) a reasonable price and quite honestly we underestimated how many tickets would be sold, but we live and learn there, I'm more than happy for staff/myself to be involved in giveaways in the future, or perhaps even set up more of our own to guarantee safe situations, but in this particular event it does not fit the bill for me to be involved.


I have no reason to distrust the OP, but I also have no reason for staff to be involved in this sale, no one entered during these conditions being applied and subsequently removed so nothing is harmed there. Thanks.
realistassassin [1565696]
Apologies for asking another staff to help ensure this is scam-free while waiting for your response - that was completely my bad and will not happen again in the future now that I'm aware of this policy!

Raffle no longer has staff involvement, but tickets are still available so come join now with a DP for a chance to win a Bugatti!
Holylight [2652746]
Dear butt
(how funny this sounds)

I don't know you or thecarcollector or the factions you were together or involved or whatever, nor I care.
But ...

I do know that this is the FUN AND GAMES FORUM.

People are here to have FUN and PLAY GAMES, participate in Giveaways, raffles, lottos or anything.
By trying to accuse someone and ruin his thread with memes and drama and all that shows :

1) you have no respect for the rest of your fellow players who are here to have some fun or try their luck.
2) you're turning a raffle topic into a flame/toxic war and I believe that forum's admins should have intervened by now as your posts were irrelevant to the topic. After all, if you want to complain/accuse/play the drama queen we have the General Discussion forum.

So please, respect at least now the rest of the community here and take your grudge or whatever this is somewhere else.

Thanks