Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Hacking crime - did something change?

Started by bombel [2362436] on in Questions & Answers.

16 replies · 489 views · thread synced · 7 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 17 / 17 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
17
Discussion span
→
People posting
11
Likes on archived posts
5
Authority score
59 / 100
Historical score
23 / 100
Story score
34 / 100
Engagement score
62 / 100

Most-liked replies

bombel [2362436]
Hi,

I was doing lots of hacking crimes. Like seriously a lot, that was the only crime i was doing. And since about a week ago or something like that - I'm mostly failing and going to jail. Nothing happened, my stats actually went up etc. I have no idea if there was any changes to the crime system or I just suddenly am no longer fit for such crimes.

Did anyone notice anything like that as well?
bombel [2362436]
Oh, I did change a faction. That might be it! But it's weird that I'm 99% failing right now when I was 99% succeeding it before that. Thanks though!
Emforus [2535044] Wiki Contributor
I know you're using hyperbole here but hacking success rate isn't quite 99%.

FBI has a 95% success rate w/ all related perks, and gives on average ~225k/hack.
Bank has a 90-93% success rate w/ all related perks, and gives on average 325k/hack.

Just throwing this out there, as someone else who only does hacking.
TheDevilsBigToe [2204723]
Something I'd not thought about before. Does fbi/bank hack fall into any of the categories for merits/honours?

I. E. Stealing a jacket = theft, parked car = Gta etc etc
Emforus [2535044] Wiki Contributor
Falls under computer crimes like the "plant a virus" crimes. Costs twice as much nerve and is unsafe but it does bring a decent income, which I personally believe is a good payoff for delaying the computer crimes merits.
Ninja [1021493]
I’m doing hacking currently and 4 days ago I completed the 10% boost education for hacking and I’ve been jailed 10 times with only around 70 successful. When before then it was 5 jails per 100 success.
yreew [1989745]
at all? sometime i did get 3 jails in a row, but overall success rate is still normal.
but yeah, hacking will decrease your CE in the long run, unless you are in 3*+ meat warehouse or doing PAs.
Indefatigable [2517458]
I swear my fail rate skyrocketed after blood bags could be filled every hour. I was doing tons of hacks and close to zero life. Anyways, I make sure I do them at full life now, all crimes at full life actually. Probably just imagining things though.
Caio [2488372]
I started recently in do hacking crimes, but I gather all my crime results on my personal crime sheet;

-I mostly do 'Bank' ones;
- my NNB is 35;
- 25% of faction perk (max);
- 10/10 crime merits (+30%);
- enhancer (+2%?);
- Edu from computer section that gives +10% success on hacking;

My current jail ratio is 6.1%, which are being floating between 5% to 6.5% over the time;

It is not safe crime with my current %'s, and prob never is even with higher, since needs be under ~5.1% to be "safe";

Unique way to make it 'safe crime" is have similar or better % increases and work in a Meat Warehouse company;
[image: i.imgur.com]