Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Patch update - Merit removal

Started by Cristen [1479036] on in General Discussion.

15 replies · 746 views · thread synced · 7 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 16 / 16 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
16
Discussion span
→
People posting
11
Likes on archived posts
60
Posts by staff, officers and moderators
2
Authority score
59 / 100
Historical score
34 / 100
Story score
56 / 100
Engagement score
66 / 100

Most-liked replies

Mentioned in this thread

Bones [917218] ×1

Cristen [1479036]
I'm a little curious, this would mean I was deducted merits for completing old achievements. If this is the case, what is the point in anyone investing their time or money into this game when in another 15 years changes are made and people are deducted merits. Maybe we're misunderstanding the updates wording?
Spliffy [315389]
- Fixed system which removes additional merits that a user shouldn't have after honor bar removal

I read this as if someone was erroneously awarded a merit, now they will lose both the honour bar and the associated merit that came with it.

Would be some serious bullshit if unobtainable merits were removed.
h3110 [2493776]
I think this is for the merits that were switched to job points like the steal 500 med items to 1000 job points. Someone could have stolen 500 med items but not 1000 JPs so that merit would be removed from them.
Cristen [1479036]
That's the clarification I'm hoping for. The wording can be taken a few ways and I can't see if I lost merits due to flying to rehab. So maybe an older player with merits for unobtainable achievements can chime in. Did you lose any?
Paul [1176287]
I think this may be referring to some of the changes that were made to awards/honors for job specials (stealing medical items), recruiting citizens (I think pyramid scheme was adjusted a while back), etc.

i.e. requirements to earn the merits changed, therefore the merit/honor is taken away until it is earned?
^just a best guess at this point
Adam [1622585]
I think it might be merits like the ones that were substituted (doing spies and revives for job points).

But then again I've only been playing for about 2-3 years, so the old timers might be missing more before my time.

Maybe someone has a list of merits.

Edit: Noticed I typed this while the previous people posted the same thing.
bogie [148747] Admin Staff
Oh no nothing like that, it's a system that automatically corrects someone's merits if they had a merit purposefully removed by staff. For example, someone who may have submitted a comic that was later removed because we found out it violated the rules (e.g. stolen from a previous submission and we failed to notice at the time).

The system works by checking a player's total awards when they visit the merit page, and adjusting their merits accordingly - and in this case it wasn't removing the merit like it should be.

That's now fixed.

Nothing for anyone to worry about!

Mentions: Merits bought

Cristen [1479036]
Thank you! That's what I wasn't understanding! Thanks bogie. A few of us were a little unclear on exactly what it meant and if we would be losing merits.
Ariston [2322328] Wiki Contributor
Imagine a world where changes are communicated in a clear manner, without the need for a multi-post thread, trying to decipher them.

And then...SNAP OUT OF IT! The REAL world is one where a player gets teased for paying for nudes (paying!), and then burns ~100B on DBs in retaliation, and where a stock market operates like a gigantic pyramid scheme.

You ain't getting ANY of your piddly "clear manner" real-world common sense bulls**t.

*sigh*
Cristen [1479036]
Just stop. There's like 50 other threads for Bling_Bling and this crap. Go there please. Only reason I didn't grave it when it was answered was if a few us of needed clarification, others might. Here they can read bogie's reply and get that.
Ariston [2322328] Wiki Contributor
That's fair. I always told myself I wouldn't wade often in the toilet of the forums. I guess I took some of the stink with me when I got out of those threads.

Thanks for pointing out the overkill.