Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

[206R] Sponsoring another player's subscription

Started by 2480971 [2480971] on in Suggestions.

146 replies · 1.48k views · thread synced · 4 days ago · View on torn.com

Posts archived: 147 / 147 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Chedburn [1] Admin Developer
Not everyone has the means or ability to purchase a subscription. I know there’s a lot of people out there who choose not to for whatever reason, but there are some who’d love to but can’t.

If subscriptions could be purchased for others (I.e. Sold with in-game currency), then what makes them different from donator packs? If we were going to do this we'd lose all purpose and benefit of subscriptions, it'd be much simpler just to remove them entirely and mix their benefits in with donator pack items instead.

If subscriptions can be bought with in-game currency, then those buying and selling donator packs would (at least somewhat) buy and sell subscriptions instead. We'd have less people buying subscriptions themselves, and less income from donator packs.

It's already very rare to truly have no way of purchasing a Torn subscription, and we have Google Play payments coming next month for donator packs and subscriptions - likely satisfying those remaining.

Thanks.
gnar [2268922]
I'm pretty sure this "sponsoring another player's subscribtion" suggestion was never meant to be done using in-game currency, but real life money. so just letting people spend their real life money to buy a subscription for others, not just for themselves.
tHeSiLvErEgg [1707348]
I tried to purchase subscription but scamed (worth more than 1 year).
no visa support and paypal and amazon not available in Myanmar.
I tried to buy thai paypal acc and met scammer. Fk