38 replies · 382 views · thread synced · 5 days ago
· View on torn.com
About this thread
Posts archived:39 / 39 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch
Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.
Archived posts
39
Discussion span
→
Authority score
60 / 100
Historical score
44 / 100
Story score
52 / 100
Engagement score
70 / 100
People posting, likes and official posts are not counted for this thread yet: on threads longer than one page they come from a periodic pass over the archive, which has not covered it.
Most-liked replies
gratify[1615969]
· 3 likes · I am suddenly back in business without changing anything!!!! [image: i.imgur.com] Serious threats were made in my absence :(
hill007[1616770]
· 2 likes · Hello My chat boxes are not working now. I don't have any apps or tools or anything running in the background. I get this message in the Chat box: Unable to send the message, not connected to the server. I …
gratify[1615969]
· 2 likes · Oh hey jumping on here. [image: media.discordapp.net] [image: media.discordapp.net] No boxes at all when on PC, and when I try to check if enabled disabled, it just spins and spins to an angry red. [image: media.discordapp.net] And uh... This is …
I have no chat bars in Chrome. I actually have nothing at the bottom of the screen in Chrome. I'll put a link to a picture of it at the end of this report.
Steps to reproduce: Open chrome and go to torn. I mean, I can't not reproduce it at this point.
Chrome build: Version 89.0.4389.90 (Official Build) (64-bit)
OS: Windows 10 64-bit
Device details: Homegrown, AMD Ryzen 7 3600x, RX 5700 XT, 32GB of 3600MHz RAM, a couple of m.2 1TB drives, a 8TB extension drive, 2 1TB SSDs.
Extensions: A lot, but disabled everything and still no bars.
Other crap I tried: Uninstalling and reinstalling chrome, disabling all extensions, clearing chrome cache.
Misc: I have chat bars at the bottom of FIrefox (meh) and Microsoft Edge (please no).
I wish I could tell you what it was but at this point I am at a loss. I have just freshly installed chrome, after uninstalling and deleting all the settings. No extensions are enabled. I have just rebooted my machine in case there was something in its settings preventing the chats from showing up.
client.js?v=258cfa71:1 Error: QuotaExceededError: Failed to execute 'setItem' on 'Storage': Setting the value of 'chat:some_version:some_long_id:test' exceeded the quota. at t (chat.f4cb45678b20d9e853cf97035fa5e2b8afd64243.js:1) at new t (chat.f4cb45678b20d9e853cf97035fa5e2b8afd64243.js:5) at t.localStorageIsAvailable (chat.f4cb45678b20d9e853cf97035fa5e2b8afd64243.js:5) at e (chat.f4cb45678b20d9e853cf97035fa5e2b8afd64243.js:5) at chat.f4cb45678b20d9e853cf97035fa5e2b8afd64243.js:5 at Object. (chat.f4cb45678b20d9e853cf97035fa5e2b8afd64243.js:5) at t (chat.f4cb45678b20d9e853cf97035fa5e2b8afd64243.js:1) at Object. (chat.f4cb45678b20d9e853cf97035fa5e2b8afd64243.js:1) at t (chat.f4cb45678b20d9e853cf97035fa5e2b8afd64243.js:1) at chat.f4cb45678b20d9e853cf97035fa5e2b8afd64243.js:1 at chat.f4cb45678b20d9e853cf97035fa5e2b8afd64243.js:1
I get the above error with everything disabled. All extensions disabled and a fresh install. I do not get this error in incognito mode and I can see the chat windows in incognito mode.
It's a broken localStorage, I believe because some addon or plugin. Nothing I can help with unfortunately. Try to wipe the chrome profies and reinstall it from scratch
Hello My chat boxes are not working now. I don't have any apps or tools or anything running in the background. I get this message in the Chat box: Unable to send the message, not connected to the server. I am also unable to access the Gear tab in the Blue box as all three blue boxes are just the spinning wheel icon thing. Have logged out, powered down, powered back up, logged in ... nothing. I have also tried connecting both via Firefox (my usual and no issues until now) and Chrome today ... with the exact same findings each time. Has someone perhaps toggled something at the Torn end? Please let me know. TY
Also tried using Microsoft Edge... didnt work Wiped our old Firefox and reinstalled it new.... didn't work.
Joining the convo. Same is happening to me. I am in mobile and chat boxes are all gone. When I try to open options or the recent/friends chat, the circle doesn't stop spinning. Both in PC and on Mobile
I am also experiancing this slightly different issue other than the op tried uninstalling torn tools and it is reproducing itself on firefox and chrome
Same issue, no chat at all, if I put my phone on data only it works but on my laptop there is no chat available. This just started today! I have tried restarting, disconnecting and reconnecting wifi, logging in and out, chrome browser, torn app, kiwi browser and torn PDA.
I don't know why the status would be closed, chat is down for everyone i know. Crome on pc, chats broken, kiwi web browser on phone, chats broken, App on phone, chats broken.