Oddly enough, I actually deleted the script, came in here and still got an alert, but no egg shown. Guess I forgot to restart browser but yeah, read all the above.
Just wanted to say thanks to OP though for the hard work in making this, we do appreciate it.
So I used both the random page script and the egg alert script. I've always had Doctorn and TornTools running also.
I access on Kiwi with ViolentMonkey on Android, TornPDA on Android and Firefox on Windows.
Found my first egg - a white one - a couple hours after event start using Egg Alert script on Firefox. I've had zilch since - no real eggs, fake eggs, nothing. Been pretty active too.
About 6 hours ago I pulled TornTools, Doctorn and the userscripts from my Firefox. I installed the official Torn app on Android. I pulled the userscripts from TornPDA. I've been using exclusively official Torn app, Firefox with no extensions, and TornPDA purely to check foreign stock and at 13:16:26 TCT I just found a red egg on the Crimes page - egg number 2 for me.
Now this could all be purely coincidental, or its not. Just giving my experience so we can build up a bigger picture.
I did also want to add that the scripts that heasleys4hemp created were excellent. We have nothing definitive to say its those scripts that have caused the issues but I wanted to say thanks for the effort that was put into them either way.
Tools like these take time and could quite easily be kept solely to the creator, and the intention was always to help the community which I think is commendable!
I can only speak of my own experience here but....
Ever since Easter became the 'look for eggs on the page' event.
There has ALWAYS been a massive drop in egg find rates 1-2 days after the competition opens. Then after a week or so, they just seem to start popping back up at a somewhat regular rate, though not to the levels seen at the start.
This has always happened to me, even in the years I never used scripts.
Why would this be a thing? 2 reasons I can think of.
1: It gets active and semi-active players invested in the game and competition. 2: It stops people using multi's from abusing the game to get LOADS of free items (A few other Torn events have similar anti-multi safeguards in place).
Now I know people will post to 'that announcement' and say 'look people who use scripts won't see as many eggs!'
Right.... I was under the impression that this line was mainly aimed at people who used automated scripts to either cycle or refresh pages and then automatically click the eggs. Hence why we have the 'fake eggs' which ARE definitely tied to reducing your egg spawn rate if you click on too many in a short period of time.
I can't help but feel that what happens here is that, the egg rate for the first 2 days is good, some people find 1 or two, then the next day the spawn rates drop globally for everybody, which ironically is around the same time a new egg script comes out and is quickly improved to a new version.
People then use it and think "I'm not getting eggs anymore, this script is causing it" when... It's probably a global game variable, that the egg spawn rate just drops for everyone regardless.
You know what they say, and even if all this stuff is true. Rather have a few eggs pointed out for me than none at all because I'm a lazy shit that doesnt look at the page overall
Some faction mates of mine have been using DoctorN since the start and one of them has 6/7 eggs. The people I've seen were affected the most are the script ones but this is all anecdotal.