So. Yesterday I finally got enough money together to buy a large suitcase. I check out the market before I fly to Hawaii and lo and behold.
Large suitcase selling for $10 080 000. Heck. Now that I can live with. $80 000 profit to the seller instead of me flying to Hawaii and risk getting mugged.
I open his item list and the first item is the suitcase. Price is the same. So I buy it. "You have bought medium suitcase" Wait... WHAT???? NOOOO!!!! I check again. Large suitcase is further down the page for the same price.
Damn! I screwed up. I message him explaining that I messed up and could we please swap?
No response.
Then this morning in faction chat I find I am not the only one who got caught this way.
Great. I got scammed. Instead of $80 000 he made a sweet profit of $6 080 000.
My advice is make double sure you are buying the correct item.
His name is IceColdCola for those who want to know.
https://www.torn.com/profiles.php?XID=1822744
If anybody else wishes to post the name of anyone else doing this, please feel free to add their names.
We work hard for the money we have. Especially as noobs.
Yeah I should have checked better, but in my defence it was the same price as I found in searching for it and it was loud and clear in first position.
If I end up in hosp for posting this, so be it. I need the hosp merit anyway.
Large suitcase selling for $10 080 000. Heck. Now that I can live with. $80 000 profit to the seller instead of me flying to Hawaii and risk getting mugged.
I open his item list and the first item is the suitcase. Price is the same. So I buy it. "You have bought medium suitcase" Wait... WHAT???? NOOOO!!!! I check again. Large suitcase is further down the page for the same price.
Damn! I screwed up. I message him explaining that I messed up and could we please swap?
No response.
Then this morning in faction chat I find I am not the only one who got caught this way.
Great. I got scammed. Instead of $80 000 he made a sweet profit of $6 080 000.
My advice is make double sure you are buying the correct item.
His name is IceColdCola for those who want to know.
https://www.torn.com/profiles.php?XID=1822744
If anybody else wishes to post the name of anyone else doing this, please feel free to add their names.
We work hard for the money we have. Especially as noobs.
Yeah I should have checked better, but in my defence it was the same price as I found in searching for it and it was loud and clear in first position.
If I end up in hosp for posting this, so be it. I need the hosp merit anyway.
Mentions: IceColdCola [1822744]