I am salty yeah, you've got a valid point there, but this seems like a hell of a knee-jerk reaction.
Is there going to be a 15 second window when people are leaving hospital when they can't be attacked too? Seeing as faction deposits got nerfed from hosp it's only fair... right?
So 15 seconds delay plus anyone outside the UK has trash load times on attack screens. Sounds more like cheds more against mugging than for it. Enjoy safe torn the death of travel buy mugs
Players shouldn't ever have that level of protection like they did. I'm never going to support that level of safety, in fact it's very likely I'm going to be going in the opposite direction more and more in the coming years.
I'm clearly having trouble with communication as after posting many times across many threads, there's still many people who simply don't understand the actual issue, jumping to conclusions. Several GD threads I've seen seem to suggest what some people think is blown way out of proportion - as if cheaters are actually using bots to automatically mug people. When really it's just a very simple stalking script utilising the API, a similar script can be utilized client-side without using the API on the Cayman Islands 'People' page, and bots illegally farming the data from profiles will always be possible if we don't offer more convenient methods.
My comments have been only directed towards suggestions that the API should be disabled / removed / nerfed, which as I've explained in detail would just make everything far worse for everyone. Or the suggestion that all players destinations should be hidden like the Theatre special.
This particular update that we released today has been in discussion & planning since before all the GD threads. As I said, the situation did require balancing, and I feel this helps to balance things.
I don't believe people are specifically mad about it the way you put it... It's the flipflopping around, one minute "f**k you guys this is the game I'm making it more hardcore and you can suck on my nuts if you don't like it", then the next minute "oh yah, and we've added 15 second grace period"
It's the zero communication in-between that the dev team and leadership need to work on. Changes happen without even a hint of what's to come.
Unfair (the reasons for the change?) - landers have to captcha, muggers don't - UK users have quicker response times than other parts of the world - I personally don't think scripts have a darn thing to do with it, but that's been in the discussion a lot
I hate changes that remove the risk in Torn, but I think this one about about fairness, not safety.
Wow, lot of pissed off level 100 players. Guess we know who was using the scripts now lmao
Honestly, this seems like a good change at first glance, gives somebody travelling back a chance to be able to deposit their cash assuming they're sitting there ready the second they arrive back plus a little for page load times. I can see why some are angry as they can no longer guarantee they'll get a mug every single time by killing somebody before they've even got out of the plane but really this seems like a much better balance.
There should never be a time when it is impossible to be safe, being safe should be based on quick timing. Which this change lends itself to
You need to kill the stalking scripts as well. If the traveler has to be johnny-on-the-spot in a manual, non-scripted manner to put away funds then the would-be attacker should have to play the game manually as well.