17 replies · 4.37k views · thread synced · 10 days ago
· View on torn.com
About this thread
Posts archived:18 / 18 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch
Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.
Archived posts
18
Discussion span
→
People posting
7
Likes on archived posts
41
Posts by staff, officers and moderators
7
Authority score
63 / 100
Historical score
56 / 100
Story score
61 / 100
Engagement score
78 / 100
Most-liked replies
Chedburn[1]Admin
· 4 likes · Sure I'd be very happy to change them to something a bit more sensible / intuitive - that's the direction we've been taking in recent years. Here's an example of how it could work for each stat... $efficiency = FLOOR(MIN(45, …
KingLouisCLXXII[2070312]
· 4 likes · I think that would be great. It's a lot more intuitive than the formula currently and would result in a nice linear curve when the player has less than the required stat and a smooth logarithmic curve afterward. [image: cdn.discordapp.com] …
Chedburn[1]Admin
· 3 likes · I'll look in to replacing this then, that should be fine! And good catch!
I'm assuming daily stat gain is given after company calculations are done but it might be before. It's such a small amount nonetheless it doesn't significantly change the result.
Thank you, in that case, everything looks like it's working how it's coded.
I was wondering though, with the way you're doing it currently, the player doesn't actually receive the full value from "every doubling of the required stat" mechanic. Was this intended?
I think that would be great. It's a lot more intuitive than the formula currently and would result in a nice linear curve when the player has less than the required stat and a smooth logarithmic curve afterward.
Though I would like to mention, just in case you don't catch it, that you swapped the $required and $stat around in the LOG function: $efficiency = FLOOR(MIN(45, (45 / $required) * $stat) + MAX(0, (5 * LOG($stat / $required, 2))));
Efficiency would decrease with increased stats otherwise :P
That equation wasn't written for excel, it was written for PHP. Considering that Ched is using the equation I gave above, I'm pretty sure it's accurate. You're almost definitely missing the bonus from BUS2110.
Hi. Does anyone know the current state of this equation?
My Current Job is Receptionist Adult Novelties. Which requires 3k INT and 6k END. I had 1263 INT and 2182 END. So it looks like this.
INT
3000
23
1263
END
6000
45
2182
The above equation tells me that my primary efficiency should be 16 and the secondary 19. I see 41 as my working stat bonus on the company page. Whatever I do, I can't reach 41 with these values. How does that happen?
CloudJumper[1636201]Staff · #18
You can take the questions to QnA section of the forums, Bug reports area is not meant to be a discussion forum. Locking the thread.