Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Efficiency calculation

Started by KingLouisCLXXII [2070312] on in Bugs & Issues.

17 replies · 4.37k views · thread synced · 10 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 18 / 18 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
18
Discussion span
→
People posting
7
Likes on archived posts
41
Posts by staff, officers and moderators
7
Authority score
63 / 100
Historical score
56 / 100
Story score
61 / 100
Engagement score
78 / 100

Most-liked replies

KingLouisCLXXII [2070312]
"1585625": {
"name": "Trollied144",
"position": "Driver",
"manual_labor": 64487,
"intelligence": 70968,
"endurance": 133447,
"effectiveness": {
"working_stats": 102,

Expected working stats effectiveness:
90 + floor(5 * log2(1.2 * (133,447 - 63) / 57,500)) + floor(5 * log2(1.2 * (64,487 - 32) / 28,750)) = 104

(1.2* is from BUS2110, -63 and -32 are accounting for daily stat gain)

I confirmed with the director that Trollied144 was driver at company chron and has not been trained since.



Please do not post any details about the company publicly; mail to myself or the director would be appreciated
KingLouisCLXXII [2070312]
Having the exact requirements = 90 working stat effectiveness. Then I believe it's +5 for every doubling after that.
https://www.torn.com/forums.php#/p=threads&f=19&t=16190707&b=0&a=0&to=20861756
This gives us the 90 + 5*log2(primary) + 5*log2(secondary)

It literally just increases the working stats of all employees by 20% and that's it
https://www.torn.com/forums.php#/p=threads&f=19&t=16199758&b=0&a=0&start=0&to=21018857
This gives us the 1.2* modifier

It's not rounded down to two decimal places, there are no decimal places.
https://www.torn.com/forums.php#/p=threads&f=19&t=16199758&b=0&a=0&start=0&to=21023936
This gives us the floor()

I'm assuming daily stat gain is given after company calculations are done but it might be before. It's such a small amount nonetheless it doesn't significantly change the result.

Mentions: BUS2110 Bonus Error · Employee Effectiveness Makes No Sense

Chedburn [1] Admin Developer
After the 45 base value is applied, +5 is then given for each doubling over that. So it looks something like this...



133447 * 1.2 = 160136
160136 > 57500 = 45

102636 > 57500 = +5
45136 > 115000 = +1.95 (floor 1)
= 51



64487 * 1.2 = 77384
77384 > 28750 = 45

48634 > 28750 = +5
19884 > 57500 = +1.72 (floor 1)
= 51


Total = 102
KingLouisCLXXII [2070312]
Thank you, in that case, everything looks like it's working how it's coded.

I was wondering though, with the way you're doing it currently, the player doesn't actually receive the full value from "every doubling of the required stat" mechanic. Was this intended?

[image: cdn.discordapp.com]
Chedburn [1] Admin Developer
Sure I'd be very happy to change them to something a bit more sensible / intuitive - that's the direction we've been taking in recent years.

Here's an example of how it could work for each stat...

$efficiency = FLOOR(MIN(45, (45 / $required) * $stat) + MAX(0, (5 * LOG($required / $stat, 2))));
KingLouisCLXXII [2070312]
I think that would be great. It's a lot more intuitive than the formula currently and would result in a nice linear curve when the player has less than the required stat and a smooth logarithmic curve afterward.

[image: cdn.discordapp.com]


Though I would like to mention, just in case you don't catch it, that you swapped the $required and $stat around in the LOG function:
$efficiency = FLOOR(MIN(45, (45 / $required) * $stat) + MAX(0, (5 * LOG($stat / $required, 2))));

Efficiency would decrease with increased stats otherwise :P


Thanks!
nguyendatvn [2345378]
Here is my Formula!

$efficiency = floor(min(45,$ps/$pr*45*1.225)+floor(min(45,$ss/$sr*45*1.225)+floor(max(0,5*log(1.225*$ps/$pr,2)))+floor(max(0,5*log(1.225*$ss/$sr,2)))))

$pr $primary-required
$sr $secondary-required
$ps $primary-stat
$ss $secondary-stat

1.225 is from the education course BUS2110: Human Resource Management (22.5%)
engerek666 [2722206]
Hi. Does anyone know the current state of this equation?

My Current Job is Receptionist Adult Novelties. Which requires 3k INT and 6k END. I had 1263 INT and 2182 END. So it looks like this.
INT 3000 23 1263
END 6000 45 2182
The above equation tells me that my primary efficiency should be 16 and the secondary 19. I see 41 as my working stat bonus on the company page. Whatever I do, I can't reach 41 with these values. How does that happen?
CloudJumper [1636201]Staff
You can take the questions to QnA section of the forums, Bug reports area is not meant to be a discussion forum. Locking the thread.