Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Lingerie store changes

Started by Securop [2247082] Officer on in General Discussion.

107 replies · 3.47k views · thread synced · 6 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 108 / 108 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
108
Discussion span
→
Authority score
65 / 100
Historical score
44 / 100
Story score
66 / 100
Engagement score
83 / 100

People posting, likes and official posts are not counted for this thread yet: on threads longer than one page they come from a periodic pass over the archive, which has not covered it.

Most-liked replies

Securop [2247082] Officer Officer
Looks good for new players! What do you guys think?

- [COMPANY] Increased Lingerie Store gross income potential by 61.7%
- [COMPANY] Added Lingerie Store special 'Sex Appeal' to provide free Business Class travel at 10 stars
- [COMPANY] Added Lingerie Store special 'Simp' to waive all property upkeep / staff costs at 7 stars
- [COMPANY] Merged Lingerie Store specials 'Born Free' & 'Free as the Wind Blows' into one rating 5 special
- [COMPANY] Changed Lingerie Store special 'Nine to Five' (+100 endurance) from rating 3 to rating 1
- [COMPANY] Changed Lingerie Store special 'Concealment' (+2 travel capacity) from rating 5 to rating 3
- [COMPANY] Removed Lingerie Store special 'Lingerie Party (+experience per jp)

1* Nine to Five

100 to Endurance (10)

3* Concealment

2 travel capacity (0)

5* Born Free

50% dexterity & speed when not wearing armor (0)

7* Simp

All property upkeep and staff costs waived (0)

10* Sex Appeal

Permanent Business Class upgrade (0)
Stoute_Tovenaar [2321463]
Does 'Simp' imply that your staff starts simping for you?


Edit:
10* perk sounds very sweet for active flyers
I might start working on my summerbody!
sugarvalves [1963573] Committee Committee
It sure does. I wear nothing but lingerie when I go to restaurants and I never have to pay for my meals, plus I get a free ride home in an ambulance. Simping is real.
Leafeh [467479]
Seems a bit weird to have something that just blows the WLT benefit block out of the water. Congratulations Lingerie Store workers/owners I guess.
Andyman [471591]
This update is more for travel muggers who buy bazaar goods/points and then fly to beat the traveler to their destination than it is dex whores.

(If hazmat didn't count as armor, it could be good... but +50% dex is pretty useless if you are peppersprayable / teargassable)

Fun for those dependent on travel income too. I could see a slight shift in PI-with-airport rental demand.
ChenJH [2648502]
I guess recruitment for lingerie stores may be boosted near world travel day or hunting day? Active flyers would love this
Also with the BCT 10* perk pilots aren't necessary anymore
If your spouse is in a lingerie store you never have to pay upkeep again too.

But if I have tons of outstanding upkeep on my properties, will that mean it will all be removed once I join a 7*? Might lead to a case where inactives join to remove their fees so they don't anger Duke
Lunesta [2385238]
from Newspaper
7* Simp - All property upkeep and staff costs waived (0)
10* Sex Appeal - Permanent Business Class upgrade (0)

=> great perks for travelers, specially newbie ?
Deadringers [2560768]
Yes and no.

You have to commit to a company with very specific travel perks and not much else for this one.

If you had WLT before (an eye-watering 4B for faster flights) then you probably had other income methods other than just plushie running.

Maybe travel muggers....but with the 15 seconds change, that's not as much of a market so to speak.
sugarvalves [1963573] Committee Committee
Nope. This special only applies to future upkeep. Duke made us tweak it for that very reason. What that man can do with an oiled spatula would frighten and arouse you.
skmoonlight [2619860]
Seems like a good company for new players now

with the 10*, i think it's about 13mil a day income from plush running now, and no PI fee's.

Pretty decent for new players if you ask me :)
mug [553318] Committee Committee
sucks hazmat doesn't work with the naked perk like it used to prior to it being changed to an armor - would have made this a really good company. now it's just a company for noobs.
Unlucky [2472585]
Great change IMO, especially the 10*. I always thought WLT being so expensive was strange as it would make a good NooB stock, but making it a company special is probably the best move.


With the decreased cost of E-dvds and people becoming more disenfranchised with paying to work I see the Lingerie Store getting a boost in popularity.
ChenJH [2648502]
I guess I havent thought it through before typing that out, I apologise. I meant to type lingerie store but my brain smoothened out.
Saying this I'm assuming the upkeep waiver works when spouses are sharing properties, and the perk works whether the renter/owner or the other person is in the company
JussiJernkuuk [1874922]
Not really weird, anyone can buy a WLT BB, but only those in a 10* lingerie store will get the perk. The BB will be as useful as it used to be to everyone else.