Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Dying.

Started by Velocity [2261817] on in General Non-related.

33 replies · 327 views · thread synced · 5 days ago · View on torn.com

Posts archived: 34 / 34 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

-sketch- [759554]
If it's true that there is no life after death, no God or Day of Judgement, then we really have to face the facts: That is life is ultimately meaningless.

If we all go to the same place, the great fertilizer pit, along with men (if you can call them that) like Hitler, Stalin, Mao, and Choo doo soon. Then what's the point? Evil all too often wins the day.

One can say all he wants: "I create my own meaning and purpose." But, at the end of the day, it is ultimately meaningless.

Let's go down to the slums and tell the mother with the crack baby: "What you see is what you get. There is no hope. No life after death. No ultimate justice for the innocents. Tough luck kiddo. It's fate, chance. Guess your momma didn't read her horoscope."

That my friend, is despair. Honest atheism is despair. Take a look at the world around you in this current day and age. Depression, suicide, violence, division, strife, anger, hate are on the rise. Why?

Is it possible that there is a God? If so, what's He like? What are His likes and dislikes? Is there life after death? If so, how can one attain it? Is there ultimate meaning and purpose to my life? If so, what is it?

I encourage everyone to read the gospels (The Good News) of Matthew, Mark, Luke, and John. In it, you will read the historical, eyewitness accounts of Jesus Christ. I promise you if you lived, taught, died, and physically, bodily ressurected from the dead the way this Jesus fellow did I'm going to listen very closely to what you have to say.

I am not asking you to get religious or join a church. I am simply asking you to check out those gospels. I hope and pray that you do.

Truth exists. Goood luck and God bless!
ahhua [60827]
When u think abt stuff like life n death. Then its time to make babies. its human's primal survival instinct.

like all living things. they live, they reproduce, they die.
Yazi [2139270]
I... sometimes think about it.
I wonder what the afterlife would be like. If there even IS one.
What it would be like if I died suddenly. Sometimes.
In videogames, dying is either a big deal or a minor annoyance. But in llife... you can't respawn...
IDK, just a thing that goes through my mind. Lying awake in bed, it's a thing you think about.



(also https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uOiB2AYUdMQ&list=PLxahMzS0bgLVq5BtdDY8TZ60u6WDgmBqn&index=5)
SUDZ [2191868]
I've never sat down and thought about it but have always believed you come back in another form.

Just my opinion, never researched anything and I'm not religious. Spiritual, maybe a little.
RambleRocket [2200354]
depression and suicide rises with urbanisation and a higher focus on work based culture.

urbanisation makes your area into ugly gray shit, depressing, just take a walk in the woods besides a stream with no one in sight for miles and no sound of noise or civilisation and you get that peace and know what i mean, cities and towns they destroy your mind. and people want everything to be one massive city to the point its hard to find that serene nature anymore. this drives society to depression.

then you have work based culture that wants you to work every hour of your life and do nothing else and lies to you that thats how it naturally was before modern day society, when it actually wasnt. its a modern day slavery thing. and when your life becomes pressured and forced into being all about work, it clicks in your head that youd rather be dead. theres no point living to work, you want to live to live....

thus this combination is double depression and double suicide. its modern day society. its gonna get worse too.
evanescentnight [2567580]
My brother just died (he was in his 20s) and I think about death constantly.

Before this happened I did think of death, but it was a source of comfort as I've had suicidal thoughts since I was a kid. Now, in relation to myself, I still don't fear death because of that, but before I guess it was easy to ignore that possibility of the people I loved dying (as in, I could push those thoughts out of my mind and tell myself that they were fine and no freak accident was going to happen to them).

But now, that's not possible. The death of people I love is constantly on my mind (I'm only close to a few people). I am often gripped with the sudden and overwhelming fear that they will die. I also often wish I could have died in my brother's place, he deserved life and could enjoy it whereas I've just had depression most of mine (and often wished I was dead) so life is pretty much a waste on me.

On a related note, I also repeatedly wish that I believed in the afterlife or just...something other than nothing after death. I think it would at least give me some comfort... But I can't change what I believe in as much as I do want there to be a part of my brother still alive in some form or other.
Sweeney_Todd [27468]
Life is what you make of it. You can bow down and accept the petty death heading your way, or you can stand up and be someone...

Be someone, make that f**king difference. Make people miss you...
WiseTheRumGone [2078276]
""I create my own meaning and purpose." But, at the end of the day, it is ultimately meaningless."

says who? you know what life is about? you know the meaning of life? Me. i am god. i am all mighty. i am the main character of this story and your just a random side show that dosent matter.

I will defeat entropy.
RambleRocket [2200354]
or perhaps its better to be no one and make no one miss you.... so that way your death causes the least amount of emotional harm to the people you leave behind?
WiseTheRumGone [2078276]
Sometimes pain is good for you, its why your muscles getter bigger after excersise. you break them. then they recover, and come back stronger.

im not planning to leave, maybe someday, but not this century atleast. and im planning to become a living legend.
Velocity [2261817]
Funny isn't it. I posted this 6 months ago, and fast forward to now the present day and how life has changed.

I'm not as scared of dying as much now, as my wife will soon pass away.
Who would of thought that I would post on here and months later she be diagnosed with such a thing, and her crying to me saying she is the one now scared to die.

and 6 weeks after her diagnosis,, whether I am mentally struggling with stress of getting married, selling our house, her being terminal - me developing constant twitching mostly legs but elsewhere too, and DR GOOGLE, saying it could be ALS (death sentence) or maybe MS or
benign fasciculation syndrome.

So yeah, from being scared of dying, when she passes all I keep thinking about is how ill take my own life and join her to end the physical and emotional pain that will forever be there.