Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Child Protective Services

Started by ChubbyWhiteGuy [2612640] on in Politics & Law.

70 replies · 351 views · thread synced · 15 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 71 / 71 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
71
Discussion span
→
Authority score
11 / 100
Historical score
17 / 100
Story score
41 / 100
Engagement score
70 / 100

People posting, likes and official posts are not counted for this thread yet: on threads longer than one page they come from a periodic pass over the archive, which has not covered it.

Most-liked replies

ChubbyWhiteGuy [2612640]
I feel like this could get some fun interaction.
I am a Chief Investigator for Child Protective Services in an extremely poor; drug-infested state in the U.S.
If anyone has any questions, concerns, or would just like to hear a story; hit up this thread!
ChubbyWhiteGuy [2612640]
The job exists as part of the legislative branch but is moving to the judicial branch, the job is law enforcement, and I thought there were a lot of people questioning the legality of certain actions of protective services on here. New laws for drug-related crimes are coming out, as well as homeless rights which both are having a huge impact.
Phil-I-P [2035498]
You haven't said where you work, and in what capacity. Why do people need to ask you for specific stories? How would one even word that question?

If you have something to say, just say it. If not, this is just clickbait with no content - the second worst type of clickbait.
ChubbyWhiteGuy [2612640]
I said I am a Chief Investigator for CPS. I thought it was a common understanding that it meant I investigate allegations of abuse or neglect. Sorry for making that incorrect assumption. I just thought there might be people who have had experiences with protective services and would like to talk about that, or had questions for someone who works on the opposite side of it all.

No one "needs" to do anything. lol.
Phil-I-P [2035498]
Stiill no mention of what the role actually entails, or where you do it. USA? UK? Mainland Europe? China? I assume these places all have different laws and guidelines on what their child protective services do. Do you work on the legal side? The social side? Are you just the guy who points at the doll and asks where?

Is that enough questions? Would you like one more?
ChubbyWhiteGuy [2612640]
Ope. Well, if you go back and read the initial post, it does say in the U.S. I am an actual investigator (as I said), so I "investigate" the allegations, make findings, and present it to the court.

I would love another question.

I think my question to you, is what was the point in coming in here just to be a dick, and ask questions that could have all been interpreted from the original message. lol. Embarrassing. Like, I'm not sure what the point is that you're trying to prove here.
ChubbyWhiteGuy [2612640]
The worst experience I've personally had was after I finished speaking to a child whose father had been taking pictures of him to sell online, I spoke to the father while law enforcement left the room, and he shot himself in the head while I was sitting across from him. He pulled a shotgun out from under the couch cushion and did it all in one swoop. The child is now in foster care but has already been diagnosed as schizophrenic at the age of 13. That was insane.