Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

tornstats

Started by GruntPuppy [2105484] on in General Discussion.

29 replies · 812 views · thread synced · 8 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 30 / 30 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
30
Discussion span
→
Authority score
58 / 100
Historical score
23 / 100
Story score
58 / 100
Engagement score
70 / 100

People posting, likes and official posts are not counted for this thread yet: on threads longer than one page they come from a periodic pass over the archive, which has not covered it.

Most-liked replies

GruntPuppy [2105484]
It's great when it works.

When's it going to work?

For something that got hyped in the newspaper as being the best think since Sliced Duke, the current level of reliability is, ffrankly, not acceptable. I don't think it can be called a tool any more, because a tool is something that's reliable and performs a useful function.

What would we have to do to get DocTorn back again?
DeKleineKobini [2114440] Committee Committee
I don't get why DoctorN would need to come back when TornStats is down? They clearly have different features and aims.

Besides that, DrN has basically been replaced by TornTools. TT is open-source (so it even if the author stops, people can resume the work) and has a lot more features than DrN.
elie350 [2065964]
I think you meant torntools.

I don't know if torntools is related to the whole TAC thing though. Never had a problem after using it.
Bryce [2666919]
tornstats are down, have problems with torn tools once in awhile. faction mate is working on something is looking good atm.
elie350 [2065964]
Ah yeah, tornstat is currently down. Server error 500. Probably maintenance?
It's been less than a day. So, I think there is no need to panic
Samoiedskaya [1709631]
Unrealiability and unpredictability is why I don't use any "tools", along with the complete lack of trust privacy wise. API key just gives out too much of my sensitive information and I cannot consent to this.
Alex_I_von_St [2445730] Helper
I don't think you have any reason to complain!
Those services are given to us players for FREE!
The devs like DKK are putting soo much work into these projects!
Do you even know how hard it can be to run your own website and keeping it working not even talking about things you can't influence?

These guys are doing an amazing job - so what if it's a bit unreliable lately - that will go away after some time and it's not like it's out for so long that it creates (edit: big) issues!

If you find it unacceptable that they are encountering issues then go ahead and install these tools and enjoy vanilla Torn.

Thank you very much once again to all these creators out there!

#freefroot
[image: images-ext-2.discordapp.net]
Samoiedskaya [1709631]
Tomayto, tomato... I am not trusting anyone with my API key again. Privacy over convenience is always a solid choice.

By the way, does anyone remember how Mauk got into some sort of disagreement with certain folks, so he disabled doctorn for them as a way of retribution? Not exactly a vote of confidence for a player who's supposed to be as rock-solid as they come.

And now this nasty mess with the TAC... That was the last drop for me.