Is there anyway I can buy subscriber for someone else? I have a friend that I wanna buy subscriber for but I don't see any way to gift it or anything. As long as it still getting paid for idk why it would be an issue to gift it to someone
Gifting Subscriber?
Started by Phillip7up [1967129] on in Questions & Answers.
About this thread
Posts archived: 15 / 15 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch
Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.
- Archived posts
- 15
- Discussion span
- →
- People posting
- 11
- Likes on archived posts
- 9
- Authority score
- 45 / 100
- Historical score
- 17 / 100
- Story score
- 33 / 100
- Engagement score
- 59 / 100
Most-liked replies
- SexxySweety [671797]
· 5 likes ·
subscription billing is recurring automatically so maybe thats why it cant be gifted
You can buy donator packs and gift those
Yea I know, but they want the subscriber perks, like the monthly free items
Hmmm interesting. Well u can just give them the money to their bank account and then they can buy it themselves :)
There prolly is some kind of way to misuse it i think that's why it's not a thing to gift subscription.
There prolly is some kind of way to misuse it i think that's why it's not a thing to gift subscription.
what if its an online friend you met in torn and u cant give money through bank?
i dont think this gifting subscriber is an option in torn, but if you made a suggestion in the suggestion forums i think people will see that its a helpful addition to the games, and there will be a chance that its added into torn
i dont think this gifting subscriber is an option in torn, but if you made a suggestion in the suggestion forums i think people will see that its a helpful addition to the games, and there will be a chance that its added into torn
Crypto is an option if international bank transfer isn't. They will have to convert it back to fiat later.
It won't happen as rmt will go through the roof I suggest getting a play store for your friend or bank PayPal or as mady has mentioned bitcoin
subscription billing is recurring automatically so maybe thats why it cant be gifted
Why not send money trought paypal then ? It might work and it should be safe. All you need is an paypal payment email.
I've never thought about this before, but if this suggestion were to catch my eye, I'd probably upvote it for why-the-hell-isn't-this-here-already-related reasons.
Well the OP would have to confirm it themselves and from the likes of it doesn't look like OP does care about it
And if u think it will be a useful suggestion
Go right ahead and suggest mate
This gifting subscription would've come across dev's mind imo
It would be interesting to see why it's not a thing yet
And if u think it will be a useful suggestion
Go right ahead and suggest mate
This gifting subscription would've come across dev's mind imo
It would be interesting to see why it's not a thing yet
too lazy to suggest - giving this karma farm opportunity to anyone that wants it lol
Went through a discussion with Bogie about this a few months ago. There's no intra-torn mechanism, and all the workarounds are equivalent to RMT, so not possible at the moment.
I recall Ched saying something about not wanting to make gift subscriptions possible, iirc something to do with wanting player commitment? Not sure, just that his reasoning didn’t make much sense to me.
I don’t see why gifting someone money/crypto/etc would be RMT though, unless you’re getting stuff in return.
I don’t see why gifting someone money/crypto/etc would be RMT though, unless you’re getting stuff in return.
Hm, looking for it, it looks like Ched’s answer was actually off topic and didn’t answer the question of paying real life money for someone else’s subscription. Unless I was thinking of another thread I’m not seeing.
https://www.torn.com/forums.php#/p=threads&f=4&t=16212084&b=0&a=0
https://www.torn.com/forums.php#/p=threads&f=4&t=16212084&b=0&a=0