I rec'd the following mail yesterday:
"listen I'm very rich Torn player and like to pay it forward. I have an amazing business proposition that i'm only sharing with 10 players... I used a random number generator to choose the user IDs for me, and yours was one of them.
There is a plan to bring the Seat Leon Cupra (the darling of Torn City Racing) to it's real intrinsic value. This sleepy car is fluctuating around 30k at the moment (a GREAT entry price) and is available at the docks periodically for a screaming deal as well (if you can find it there) of 17.5k.
A massive price increase is coming in just a few weeks and SLCs (Seat Leon Cupras) will be bought at any value! So hoard them now while you still can. Buy anything marked below 150k if you can and hold for the 1 million dollar price breakpoint! Then we celebrate!
All I can say is "ARE YOU READY FOR SOME FOOTBALL MONEY???"
Please do not disclose this to other players. I am only notifying 10 people a this time for this amazing opportunity. Jah Bless"
I call this a very low effort scam.
just need to add "I'll pay back" to have it qualify as a scam.
? they never try to scam me. Am I not even worth being scammed?
for the love of all things torn... just report!!
It will work on players who don't read rule (who even read terms and conditions when they first signed up anyway), don't read forum, but play bunch of other phone games. Believe it or not, torn is one of the very few android phone games I have ever played that harshly punish account trading, multiple accounts, and bugs exploitation. Took a friend of mine by surprise too. So when you recruit new players, be sure to warn them about this. Good thing I got warned by my friend before I started to play Torn. Otherwise tbh I wouldn't know about the rules.
But did you report them?
Just got that one myself. See, I think that is a little smarter. Pump-and-dumps are hard to pull off, especially as you need a LOT of idiots for you to profit. And, I mean, there's money I can make here myself. I just sell at 200k instead of 1 million....
also, just noticed for mine they said 250k instead of 150...they must be getting greedy.
No scam is a low effort scam. All scams are meticulously invented in a TORN boardroom by multiple people.
Oh shit, what did the police say?!
High performance. Innovation. Craft. Seat Leon CUPRA is the new definition of racing. A sports car brand made to be different. Our passion for racing and powerful cars sets us apart from the rest of the world. Discover our unique contemporary vision of sportiness today.
You may have heard rumors of this car in hushed whispers around Torn, but I'm here to tell you it IS the darling of Torn City Racing.
You may ask: Why should I care about racing Mr. AnoMan???
My answer: You shouldn't, the car itself is garbage, but hear me out... The true reason for this message is the potential to DOUBLE or TRIPLE your investment in the next few weeks.
There is leaked information that on or around September 6th, there will be a reverse Dump and Pump scheme where a small group of very rich Torn players will be manipulating the item in hopes to get a newspaper article published about them. (they want the merit I guess). Little do they know that I am aware of their plan and will be sending this newsletter to every Torn Citizien (not them of course, LOL) warning them of the impending reversal scheme, locking in mad profits.
Buy LOW / SELL high (AF)!!!
Just got this this eve
I have also received this in anonymous mail form.
huh what
i'm still confused too
listen I'm very rich Torn player and like to pay it forward. I have an amazing business proposition that i'm only sharing with 10 players... I used a random number generator to choose the user IDs for me, and yours was one of them.
There is a plan to bring the Seat Leon Cupra (the darling of Torn City Racing) to it's real intrinsic value. This sleepy car is fluctuating around 55k at the moment (a GREAT entry price) and is available at the docks periodically for a screaming deal as well (if you can find it there) of 17.5k.
A massive price increase is coming in just a few weeks and SLCs (Seat Leon Cupras) will be bought at any value! So hoard them now while you still can. Buy anything marked below 200k if you can and hold for the 1 million dollar price breakpoint! Then we celebrate!
All I can say is "ARE YOU READY FOR SOME FOOTBALL MONEY???"
Please do not disclose this to other players. I am only notifying 10 people a this time for this amazing opportunity. Jah Bless
looool
i wonder how many variants of the mail there are, we should catalog them
Please keep other people safe. Sneeze into your armpit.
and here you are sharing the secret knowledge publicly......dis gus tang
So if you are aware this is an old con..
Why did you bother making a thread?
Pretty sure me and my faction got blamed for this somehow. One of my noobs noticed the price discrepancy and started buying and selling cupras like a good field mouse. Then the top 5 of my faction all got bountied with the message "Leon Scammers". I assume someone saw them selling a load of cupras on the market and assumed it was my faction behind it.
I was so damn confused until I did some digging. I was like "wtf is a leon scammer?".