Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Fishing rod weapon: next level gone fishing

Started by The_Law [1952178] on in Suggestions.

20 replies · 192 views · thread synced · 11 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 21 / 21 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
21
Discussion span
→
Authority score
48 / 100
Historical score
23 / 100
Story score
44 / 100
Engagement score
60 / 100

People posting, likes and official posts are not counted for this thread yet: on threads longer than one page they come from a periodic pass over the archive, which has not covered it.

Most-liked replies

The_Law [1952178]
So after interacting with some trout cultists I realized the normal citizens in Torn need a way to find a reprieve from their smelly antics.

WHICH IS WHY!
I suggest the implementation of either a fishing rod secondary (without ammo) or melee weapon with the following passive:
Fishpocket: when entering combat have a 75% chance to steal equipped trout temporaries and equip them in the fight
Missherman: on miss, when not having any temporary weapon equipped, have a 25% chance to fish up a trout and use it immediately

The weapon stats should be around a rusty iron sword to guaranty some usefulness out of the second passive and I can't argue for actual high damage numbers

In all seriousness, I came up with this idea as a joke, but it sounded like a fun weapon so I put it here... it would require an npc or something though I reckon. If this actually becomes implemented I would suggest a net secondary as a drop as well, which would increase the amount of trout someone can carry. Additionally it can have like a slow passive or something on hit.
Ceb [68232] Committee Committee
I'm also working on a suggestion that involves fishing rods and trout. Best of luck on your suggestion!
The_Law [1952178]
I'm guessing a fishing minigame like racing or also a weapon? Or is it hush hush because of committee things?

Best of luck with your suggestion as well. Those troutists need to stop tacking over things... troutuminati confirmed? :o
(totally not fishing for reasons to do a sneaky bump)
The_Law [1952178]
You mean loot levels for an NPC, or is some layout stuff messing up?

Uhm I guess a Giant trout temporary (a buffed version of the trout temp) and rubber boots as a common drop
Nets as a rare weapon and the fishing rod as the rarest
The_Law [1952178]
I knew you would understand. Thanks for being part of this wave of change... that's close enough to a fish pun, right?
The_Law [1952178]
Thanks let's see how far this ship will sail

Yes I will respond to anyone with a water or fish based pun YOU CAN'T STOP ME!
Ceb [68232] Committee Committee
fishing rod as a supply pack item like keg of beer.. Using it gets you trout each time until it breaks