Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Graveyard please

Started by Miasmuh [2552750] on in Health & Fitness.

42 replies · 519 views · thread synced · 6 days ago · View on torn.com

Posts archived: 43 / 43 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

fructose [2574191]
I really hope people can be more aware of mental health, it's a huge issue even given the stigma, etc.
My cousin was diagnosed for depression, luckily all is good now and she lives a happy life with a boyfriend!
Miasmuh [2552750]
There is a huge stigma regarding mental health. Bit like any other illness, it too can be treated.
I'm sorry to hear about your cousin. But I'm glad she can live her life. :)
Sorry_GoodBye [2167318]
This is a great project. Thank you for making this.

I have personally suffered from depression my whole life. among other things and find this game and the people in it to be mostly a great way to hang out with people comfortably.
Penetration [2340613]
I know you mean well, but turning people's mental and emotional states into statistics doesn't make depressed people feel better or connected.

Seeing the 26% stat simply verifies my inclination that people are having trouble getting help because the people they reach out to also need help. Two depressed people in a room doesn't make it any better.

I'm not saying this to be a jerk or a troll or anything. I'm genuinely depressed. Have been for years. Suicide at crosses my mind pretty much daily.

Everybody aays talking about it helps but talking about it isn't doing much. Suicide rates are higher than ever (though no one seems to want to talk about that) and the hotlinea (where they exist) are stretched thin and the profeesionals in the industry are having their own mental breakdowns.

The solution isn't in a forum.

The solution is getting off our devices, looking into eyes instead of screens, talking around a dinner table, hugging, holding hands, spending time physically together. You know, the things we are told not to do... for our health.
JOBEE [2691791]
Unfortunately, not everyone is in a situation where they can talk to people face to face. Many people do not have supportive friends or family that are willing to listen to their issues and many more that do find close contacts unable to understand their struggles. For years, my family labeled my severe depression as laziness to my face, often joking about it, which made my depression worse.

During that time, I was also in talk therapy. Almost every therapist I had failed me in one way or another - I live in a very rural area and the available options are few. The ones that worked with children were not experienced in cases like mine and most wrote me off.

My only option was to turn online. I was not looking for a “solution”, rather just someone that would listen and understand. I personally have been prevented from multiple suicide attempts thanks to people I have discovered and talked to online.

I think mentioning statistics is important. It shows how common of an issue it is that many people do not realize in day to day life. Many classmates or coworkers likely struggle with mental illness. Even if knowing this does not create a community, it may cause people to deeply consider the personal situations of others.
Kronii [1965595]
Absolutely agree.


It can be absolutely grueling coming to terms with your own mental illness, let alone actually speaking to someone about it in person.

I think statistics are important because it shows just how common/normal it is for the average adult to experience some sort of mental help and normalize it, therefore making more people comfortable and open to speaking about what they might see as something that they think might make them an outcast or abnormal in society.
Miasmuh [2552750]
Stained, blood and bruises on my name
It's raining in this empty cup, filling up but only halfway
'Cause I know that I'm not the way you want me
Can you hear me now?
Spilling out
When I say: "Enough is enough, this glass is breaking"
Let it fall, cut me up, I'll still be standing

Citizen Soldier - Empty Cup
Miasmuh [2552750]
No one is alone...

If you heard the things that I say to my bedroom c?iling
You'd be more focused on fixing than who they're killing
Don't know why you cringe when I say I don't want to live
Four inch concrete listened better than you ever did
No one understands me like my bedroom ceiling

Citizen Soldier - Bedroom Ceiling
Miasmuh [2552750]
I also like seeing people drop after mugging or hospitalizing. Messing around with crimes, drugs and violence. This is Torn after all.
But there is no reason the people behind the screen should be hostile towards each other. We're all enjoying the game and having a good time watching others suffer while gaining sweet gym trains and leveling up and making money. It's all a game after all.

No gaming community should be toxic and no one should have to quit doing what they like doing just because other people are being mean or just plain jerks. Hatred has no place in gaming. Life is too short to struggle doing what you love just because someone disagrees with you.

:)
Miasmuh [2552750]
Do you need a place to vent?
People who listen to you tell about how bad your day was?

We need talkative people blow some wind in our sails and people on board this vessel going towards a horizon of a better tomorrow.

If you have a heart that has a lot to give or one that is broken in million pieces. We're her for you.
DM me for our Discord link and we welcome you aboard with open arms.
We're Torn Together :)
Miasmuh [2552750]
You can't save everyone.

You can't please everyone.

What you can do is break someone.

You can make someone cry so easily.

They say tears are supposed to cleanse you.

But wiping away those tears has a deeper impact on someone.
Miasmuh [2552750]
Youre welcome. TBH I did put myself at a risk for opening up like this in Torn.
But what I've started is way bigger than me or my reputation here.

You're already in our Discord channel, which is great. We'd love to hear more about you if you're willing to share. Either here or in our Discord :)
SirRence [2720185]
I completely understand how it feels to make yourself vulnerable by opening up. Not all can understand. Thanks for opening a door for people with manual conditions.
Miasmuh [2552750]
This is what our Discord channel has evolved into over the months we've been on this Project!
Please feel free to DM any of our Staff members for the link to join our growing family :)

A little description about what this all is about will be provided below the picture
[image: i.imgur.com]
#meet-the-staff
This is where our staff members introduce ourselves with pictures. We're all here!

#positivity-lounge
This is the place to go when looking for casual chat, fun things and to talk about anything!

#question-of-the-day
TBH this is more like "question of the week" lol. Sometimes we pop a question for everyone to start some conversation.

#group-therapy
This is important! This is the place where you want to share your worries, troubles or when you've just had a bad day and need to vent. This is a judgement-free place for anyone to talk. We're here to listen and to give advice if needed.
(For me, this is where I talk about my alcoholism, my feelings towards someone and about my difficulties regarding certain situations in my life outside Torn)

#articles-and-links
#social-media
#android-mobile-apps-and-games
#ios-mobile-apps-and-games
These are all links to help you. Social media sites sharing positivity, talks or studies regarding mental health or medicines, games to help you relax and apps that help you with your struggles with mental health or other issues you may be facing.

Entertainment
Everything here is all about fun stuff: Movies, series, bands, songs, books, YouTube videos and anything!

#improvements-for-ptt
This is a free-for-all chat to help Project Torn Together become bigger, better and more widely recognized in Torn

#events
#giveaways
Like the name says. This is where upcoming events and giveaways are being announced!