Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Dune 2021

Started by dont_oof_me [2705920] on in TV & Movies.

7 replies · 96 views · thread synced · 9 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 8 / 8 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
8
Discussion span
→
People posting
6
Likes on archived posts
2
Authority score
7 / 100
Historical score
15 / 100
Story score
28 / 100
Engagement score
47 / 100
dont_oof_me [2705920]
Anyone else hyped? How many of you have already seen it? what did you think?

I have to wait until October 22nd, so I thought I would further torture myself with anticipation.
Inspector_Q [2198654]
Over here in the UK it's the 21st gaaahh. I'm excited though. Have you seen David Lynch's dune? I mean, it's awfully cheesy, but I'm sure David Villeneuve has done a awesome job with it.
dunmugmeh [538353]
I like that film but you are right it is a bit cheesy. It is good.

Related and the main reason why we are here. Games.

There is a GREAT dune game. No i dont mean Dune 2 which started RTS games, though of course that in itself is a great game of course.

Dune the game has great atmosphere and had great graphics and sound for its time ie 30 years ago or whenever it was released. Its something to check out if you havent played it.
Laughingman91 [2044206]
expected to be more impressed with the dune movie tbh, reckon it was overhyped. It wasn't boring, it did take 3 hours, full of sci fi and feudal action, and mystical intrigue. It was nearly everything I expected. I actually did expect to see more of zendaya and less of jason momoa, and most of the other big names tbh but they actually stuck to the story instead of just putting a bunch of celebrities on the screen.

Kinda vibe like they expect this to be the new star wars, and I can kinda see it.