Anyone else hyped? How many of you have already seen it? what did you think?
I have to wait until October 22nd, so I thought I would further torture myself with anticipation.
Over here in the UK it's the 21st gaaahh. I'm excited though. Have you seen David Lynch's dune? I mean, it's awfully cheesy, but I'm sure David Villeneuve has done a awesome job with it.
I haven't seen the David Lynch version, but I have read the first 2 books and am working on getting my hands on the last 4.
I like that film but you are right it is a bit cheesy. It is good.
Related and the main reason why we are here. Games.
There is a GREAT dune game. No i dont mean Dune 2 which started RTS games, though of course that in itself is a great game of course.
Dune the game has great atmosphere and had great graphics and sound for its time ie 30 years ago or whenever it was released. Its something to check out if you havent played it.
After the 1986 failure, I dare not watch this.
I've been anxious to see this film since I heard it was announced.
5 more days left...
expected to be more impressed with the dune movie tbh, reckon it was overhyped. It wasn't boring, it did take 3 hours, full of sci fi and feudal action, and mystical intrigue. It was nearly everything I expected. I actually did expect to see more of zendaya and less of jason momoa, and most of the other big names tbh but they actually stuck to the story instead of just putting a bunch of celebrities on the screen.
Kinda vibe like they expect this to be the new star wars, and I can kinda see it.
To put it shortly, a slowburn atmospheric space opera, now to wait for part 2...
Oh and landscape porn