Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Cthulhu Exposed! - Halloween special

Started by CRLF [2095076] on in General Discussion.

256 replies · 14.4k views · thread synced · 5 days ago · View on torn.com

Posts archived: 257 / 257 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Monk [2271278]

[background color=var(--bbc-body-bg-color)]The sentence "Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn" can be translated by "In his [/background][background color=var(--bbc-body-bg-color)]house at R'lyeh dead Cthulhu waits dreaming[/background][background color=var(--bbc-body-bg-color)]".[/background]




I guess they missed the "i" out?
Dan_Gleeballs [2586254]
I agree. By our standards today he was racist. I won't excuse him for where he was. But I love his stories and the mythos he developed. Well worth a read if you can get used to his convoluted writing style. There's a reason he's so hugely influential welll past his death, and he's more regarded now than he was in his life time.
CRLF [2095076]
This ID was in my "dead accounts" list and so hasn't been checked in quite a while. So I have no idea how long ago it was updated. I had to do an exhaustive search of the first 1000 ids since most new NPCs are in that range.
Brian [85088]
ID 23 has zero life and yet isn't in the hospital. If you try to attack them it says they are unconscious, yet they are "okay".

Sounds like a zombie to me. Maybe using the 9999 treats will activate torn of the dead!
CRLF [2095076]
It was an available ID slot.

As you can see below, there are real players, NPCs, and empty slots all mixed together in a sequential list of IDs.
NumIDplayernameRoleranklevelagelast_actionrelative
1ChedburnAdminStar Medalist15617910/16/2021 11:32:12 AM3 hours ago
2QuacksCivilianVeteran Antagonist1561797/1/2016 7:48:21 AM1933 days ago
3
4DUKENPCSupergood Loanshark0142101/1/1970Unknown
5TebbsCivilianLegendary Samaritan86617910/15/2021 9:51:15 PM16 hours ago
6MouserCivilianCompetent Tank23617910/5/2020 12:29:06 PM376 days ago
7AmandaNPCQuestionable Biochemist0142101/1/1970Unknown
8PhotographerNPCRookie Intimidator547131/1/1970Unknown
9AnonymousNPCNameless Intermediary0142101/1/1970Unknown
10ScroogeNPCHighly competent Tank0142101/1/1970Unknown
11pewpCivilianVeteran Intimidator3361793/30/2018 1:35:51 PM1296 days ago
12GodPantsCivilianHighly distinguished Scavenger35617910/16/2021 5:59:33 AM8 hours ago
13
14
15LeslieNPCFrequent Hair-Sniffer0142101/1/1970Unknown
16
17Easter BunnyNPCEggcentric Albumentalist012071/1/1970Unknown
18-Slacker-CivilianMaster Punchbag51617911/3/2019 8:11:58 PM712 days ago
19JimmyNPCApathetic Extortionist012071/1/1970Unknown
20FernandoNPCSensual Assassin012071/1/1970Unknown
21TinyNPCBrick Wall012071/1/1970Unknown
22
2323NPCc' ah lw'nafh'drn012071/1/1970Unknown
24Mr-NobodyCivilianMaster Antagonist4761792/5/2019 10:48:10 AM984 days ago
25
26
27KillerkCivilianHighly distinguished Deserter36617910/23/2012 8:35:30 AM3280 days ago
28FireFighter194CivilianAbove average Punchbag2061793/30/2018 1:32:33 PM1296 days ago
29Legion_PrimeCivilianLegendary Investor78617910/16/2021 3:06:08 AM11 hours ago
30
31
32
33Isllyiate-L-PMCivilianHighly competent Tank3061799/17/2016 2:56:46 AM1855 days ago
34GeloseaCivilianCelebrity Bondsman5761794/26/2021 11:35:46 AM173 days ago
35
36SeylorenCivilianAbove average Deserter2361795/23/2010 7:41:35 PM4163 days ago
37VimesCivilianLegendary Druggy99617910/16/2021 11:48:27 AM2 hours ago
38
39
40
41
42
43MuttCivilianMaster Punchbag4361795/20/2021 7:52:18 AM149 days ago
44
45
46
47
48
49
50The_HamsterNPCMaster Slayer3458001/1/1970Unknown
51Area51CivilianProfessional Deserter32617912/8/2010 6:14:34 PM3964 days ago
52DuckulaCivilianMaster Deserter4761791/25/2009 11:26:38 AM4647 days ago
53
54
55
56EestiPank_CivilianElite Mercenary100617910/16/2021 1:33:48 PM1 hour ago
57
58
59WaSuppyPuppyCivilianAbove average Tank2261785/1/2021 5:07:43 PM167 days ago
60
61WhiteRabbit2CivilianCompetent Deserter23617810/8/2006 9:38:42 PM5486 days ago
62
63bri23CivilianCompetent Deserter24617811/30/2007 6:30:15 PM5068 days ago
64
65
66
67
68
69
70CordeliaCivilianIdolized Hitman51617812/10/2016 10:25:49 PM1770 days ago
71
72
73
74
75PinKillerCivilianAbove average Deserter1761783/14/2008 9:52:18 AM4964 days ago
76
77
78
79
80
81KampelaCivilianIdolized Thief79617810/16/2021 5:57:28 AM8 hours ago
82
83
84
85
86-THQ-bigcatCivilianAbove average Deserter16617810/2/2006 8:11:14 AM5493 days ago
87HurinCivilianCelebrity Bondsman45617810/16/2021 12:39:54 PM1 hour ago
88
89MunchielordCivilianLegendary Felon89617810/16/2021 2:19:53 PM15 minutes ago
90
91
92
93
94
95
96-YetiCommitteeHeroic Healer75617810/15/2021 9:04:27 PM17 hours ago
97
98slimyjimy15CivilianMaster Deserter4461787/31/2010 1:10:07 AM4095 days ago
99
100CongenialNPCNovice Deserter559211/1/1970Unknown
101NeatoNPCBelow average Deserter1059211/1/1970Unknown
102PrimeNPCNovice Deserter1559211/1/1970Unknown
103SuperiorNPCReasonable Deserter2059211/1/1970Unknown
104
105
106
107
108
109
110
CornHub [2423014]
Seems they've disabled it then... I'm sure if someone organised a group attack before ched knew that we knew about it, we would be able to pull one off haha
CRLF [2095076]
That was a very quick action on the part of the devs. I didn't do any damage at all, so I did not hosp them.

Honestly, getting a sneak preview just makes me want to unlock it even more. But at 10K treats, it's going to be a long time coming.

There should definitely be an honor bar for summoning Cthulhu, I can't see too many people reaching that achievement.
sugarvalves [1963573] Committee Committee
I'll be posting an article on Trick or Treat next week and I can include some info on who has the most unlocks, who has nabbed the most treats etc. If anyone has any other data-related questions let me know and I'll try to answer them.

However, there will be no comments on anything to do with a creature you may or may be able to unlock, for my own safety. You shouldn't mess with magick. It's dangerous business.
Matchlock [2227514]
Great read. I had mistakenly thought/imagined(??) that unlocking Cthluhu would cause every single treat to vanish and all the trick or treat baskets in Torn resetting.

Is it weird that I also thought, "Hm! This is a great list of NPCs to keep handy for dog tags"
Proxima [1879587] Wiki Editor
I asked for that last year, unfortunately it was deemed impossible to find the correct attack log. Hopefully they'll tie an attack logID to the procs this year.
SporkMonkey [2065017]
Hitler was a racist piece of shit that wrote shitty books about racism and killed millions.

Lovecraft was a racist piece of shit that wrote masterpieces about the dark nature of humans and cosmic horrors and killed no one.

Outside of being racists, they are not comparable. Separate the art from the artist. The man is dead and probably in hell. WTF cares about the man anymore.