World of Warcraft and Torn was released on the exact same day 17 years ago. For myself Wow came first then Torn, I was one of the 420XXX accounts that were deleted during the crash(Torn crash). I wonder how many of us are still playing.
Fun Fact...................
Started by PatBenatar [420347] on in General Discussion.
About this thread
Posts archived: 27 / 27 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch
Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.
- Archived posts
- 27
- Discussion span
- →
- Authority score
- 59 / 100
- Historical score
- 35 / 100
- Story score
- 56 / 100
- Engagement score
- 67 / 100
People posting, likes and official posts are not counted for this thread yet: on threads longer than one page they come from a periodic pass over the archive, which has not covered it.
Most-liked replies
- PrincessJulie [11229] Admin
· 5 likes ·
[image: preview.redd.it] - bogie [148747] Admin
· 4 likes ·
This is quite a cool little fact, and it's certainly close enough where I'd say it's not really an incorrect statement - as others have mentioned there's likely a little bit of wiggle room for things like WoW in terms …
Mentioned in this thread
Petzki [390502] ×1
cool
An interesting piece of history
Someone got their gift in the WoW mailbox today it seems...
The official date was a week later, but still that's very close....
That moment when you realize 2000 was really a very long time ago.
results from google search
[image: gyazo.com]
[image: gyazo.com]
That moment when you realize 2000 was really a very long time ago.
results from google search
[image: gyazo.com]
[image: gyazo.com]
Odd, because today is the Blizzard's date, it has it on the calendar.
I googled it as well, odd. Your post is correct.
I googled it as well, odd. Your post is correct.
Still, a week apart is "released at the same time".
Seventeen years and both games still have a following.
Seventeen years and both games still have a following.
WoW has a bit larger of a following than Torn, admittedly :P
I'm only a new player to torn, but I'm old enough to feel like 17 years ago was in the 90s.
Now I feel even older....
Now I feel even older....
I've been staff for both!
Another fun, related, fact:
As of today, November 15, 2021, I have played Torn exactly 1639 more days than I have played WoW.
As of today, November 15, 2021, I have played Torn exactly 1639 more days than I have played WoW.
So, you're saying this game is retro
did the interface and content give it away? xD
id suspect if they do an aniversary event, it would be a full week, which is probs why its like that,
at least that'd be my guess
at least that'd be my guess
Plot Twist:
Ched owns WoW aswell xD
Ched owns WoW aswell xD
WoW has come out with 8 expansions since release, and we don't even get crimes 2.0...
I had done some research around this about a year ago. Here's the original post. I only found one player still active (Petzki) out of the 13 that were still created the day of servermagedden and had a quick chat with him at that time. However, he's now been offline for the last 112 days. Other than that, there may be others like you that created a 2nd account after the ordeal as well.
Mentions: Petzki [390502] · Deep dive into accounts, ranks, and donators
i thought he owned habbo hotel?
I've heard that the Internet is really really great.. for Torn