Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Leaving Torn

Started by Eviler [2724770] on in General Discussion.

116 replies · 3.77k views · thread synced · 5 days ago · View on torn.com

Posts archived: 117 / 117 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Cheb [876657] Reporter
03:38:03 - 20/11/21 You sent $11,000,000 to Eviler

I feel i shouldnt have let you win my game then jesus.
CRLF [2095076]
Well, if he was having any second thoughts about his decision, I'd say y'all wrapped it up for him. He can now leave knowing he made the right choice.

He does sound different than the kind of person who does absolutely nothing in Torn and then complains, so I checked his activity.

It turns out he's been pretty active. Here he is compared to two very active new players:

[image: gyazo.com]


That's not your typical do-nothing player. He got married, got a job with trains, was in a faction... so what happened?

Well, his net worth is low, he clearly did struggle to make money. And he got slapped with some bounties.

What made his bounties unusual was the high cash value for such a new player. so he would not only have been hosped for bounties, he would have been hosped quickly.

He posted on the forums but most of it was fun and games. Sounds like a bit of a drama queen, but nothing too outrageous. Maybe he pissed off people in global chat or trade chat? Dunno.

Anyway, sounds like he's gone. It happens. Maybe it's on him. Or maybe it IS on us.
RoseRed [2349717]
Thanks for drawing attention to the fact that sometimes we shouldn't be so eager to see people go. There is room for everyone in torn, and no reason for people to work so hard to diminish others.
Satan [612696]
my guess is its on US. The torn community is literally the most toxic community ive ever been a part of.

(I literally hate ALL of you on a personal level)
Whom [1832980]
I'm sure you'll find something equally useless to spend the next 47 days on and give up on that too... you are pathetic.
Monday [2402913]
Guess you never interacted with me. I would have helped you make your decision sooner.

Good riddance. Posting a complaining wall of bitch text.

Just fade into nothingness. Thats what I’ll do if I ever decide to move on,
CRLF [2095076]
Just imagined myself copying and pasting parts of the OP (with word "thread" removed) into global chat to see what the reaction would be....

Personally, I think it would be hilarious, but I'll leave that to someone else to try.

Post the results here, thanks.
Shaon [1862221]
Want to enjoy the game? How about more playing and less forum-ing.
47 days old and like 250 forum posts and most of them are either shit, whining, begging, etc. Stay away from the forum when you are a new player.
rocko0031 [2551154]
Shouldn't you have left your faction and company

Like you're not exactly being a good sport yourself lol and you expect us to be good to you?
RedBud [2053144]
Well we all can agree these "I'm leaving Torn" threads never go well. Most times I do agree they get posted for some attention, and who knows maybe they want someone to say "Hey don't go". I don't know. It's not my place to say nor am I a mind reader.

However, as it's been pointed out already. He wasn't some do nothing noob. A noob yes and like all noobs he didn't restart an account with his previous billions of dollars in cash and items as some do. He started out with nothing as most us did. I'm not sure what so many expected him to have tons of NW being so new. Was he as active as some on here? Of course not, but I'm not sure why or how someone plays bothers so many so bad. Play your own way guess only holds weight as long as they play your way. Clearly he was a noob that gave the game a go. It wasn't his cup of tea. So be it. I'm sure he will find one more fitting for himself. Give him some credit for figuring it out in such few days. I can name some players with far more time played that still log who clearly hate the game. That says more about them than the OP imo.

Is there drama on Torn? Bet your sweet ass there is. Is it toxic? At times absolutely. Just look at some of the posts above this. I get drama and understand it does play part in most games. To some point, it's needed. I mean with a game like this that hasn't had any major game changing updates in years, what else is there to do for those that have been around for years upon end? I always find it amusing when a player comes back from being inactive for years only to see not much new to the game other than some rule changes. But I digress as many are happy with that and have grown to not only use the term "SOON" but have accepted it.

So that leaves the question, why do the rest of us keep logging? Surely can't be the awesome new game features and kick ass updates. You all keep logging in hopes to find Crime 2.0 has been implemented? To see if there is any truth in ***** ****? To enter and win some community event? To log to participate in an event that you already know servers are more than likely going to crash? Log to simply talk trash on forums and in global chat? That's for everyone to answer for themselves. For me it's the community that keeps me logging, and I don't mean this cesspool we call forums. I mean the awesome people I've met playing that make up part of the community. Let's be honest. There are a lot of awesome people on here. It's the asshats and trolls that are indeed the minority, but yet always speak the loudest.

I'll end by saying this. I don't know the OP or anything about the OP. Maybe he caused problems which resulted in drama. No clue and again none my business. However, I do believe in every action has a reaction. So if he or any player new or old brings kak upon themselves, well that's a bed they made and can lay in. I have to agree with what RoseRed said and that we shouldn't be so eager for players to leave. I'm not saying put on cotton gloves and treat them as fragile items. I'm just saying I don't see a need to cheer, hoot, and holler when one leaves. When a player leaves, we all lose. Because without new players not only joining but sticking around as well, it will always be the same people doing the same kak. I'm fully aware some would be content with that. I'd hope most would not and would want to see Torn continue to grow.

*EDIT Odd choice to censor those 2 words as they weren't profanity or anything. I'll just say the squirrel's name on Sponge Bob and a type of soil ;)
fuck [2669774]
I realized that Torn isn’t what I expected from an crime game, it went too far
say it again but slowly