Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Odd account behavior

Started by KamikazeDuck [2328278] on in Bugs & Issues.

9 replies · 191 views · thread synced · 4 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 10 / 10 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
10
Discussion span
→
People posting
6
Likes on archived posts
4
Posts by staff, officers and moderators
2
Authority score
59 / 100
Historical score
30 / 100
Story score
40 / 100
Engagement score
53 / 100

Most-liked replies

KamikazeDuck [2328278]
Hi, I have been noticing some weird stuff happening with my account:

The other day, I woke up after perfectly normal torn usage to find that my account had been flagged as a bot, and I had to do extra captchas. I sent a mail to Kopites asking what might have triggered it, since I hadn't been doing anything at all unusual, but I never heard back. I know I have to wait this out a few days, which is annoying, but whatever.

However there have been some other odd things happening:
My chat has a Connecting to server warning probably about 60% of the time. This has been happening since well before getting flagged as a bot. I didn't report it because it's pretty normal for chat to go through phases of being glitchy. So I figured it would sort itself out after a few days.

Yesterday, I tried logging in on my phone at work. I hadn't touched torn in about 2-2.5 hours. As soon as I tried to pull up torn, I got an error saying I was blocked due to too many requests. (See image)[image: cdn.discordapp.com]
So something odd seems to be going on with my account. I use torntools on google chrome with my PC, and TornPDA on my iphone. I use the safari browser on my phone for torn too, so it may be an issue with one of those inexplicably making too many requests, but I was hoping for more insight. Particularly since I won't be able to actually see if there is any change in requests if I do disable them, and I am unwilling to play for days without notifications and extra features that those apps provide.

Thanks in advance for your help!
Chedburn [1] Admin Developer
Something you're using is making a crazy amount of requests to Torn per minute - likely some script or tool you're using. You should be able to disable them all and then add them back one by one to figure out which one it is. It's not something we can help you with on our end, it's a 3rd party problem.
oraN [1778676]
Do you have yuge number of tabs open somewhere? Try logging out of everywhere option and see if you still face the issue.
Hopslam [795412]
and I am unwilling to play for days without notifications and extra features that those apps provide.



You will survive. I’ve played 13+ Years without notifications and extra features. You’ll be fine without them for a little bit if you had to. :)
KamikazeDuck [2328278]
Ok, seriously though, how do I see if I am still facing the issue. I did not know that some program was making all of the requests until I got that error message and Ched confirmed it. In 3 days, my game play experience has seemed completely normal except that I got this extra captcha issue that lasts somewhere between 3-10 days.

And one time in the past 3 days I have gotten an error saying that I have too many requests. Other than those two things, how can I tell after I turn off the apps whether or not my requests have dropped? And after I turn them back on, how do I know if my requests have gone back up? Other than randomly getting flagged out of nowhere 1-8 months from now?
KamikazeDuck [2328278]
Thanks to RiceWilly for the API idea and for walking me through a few things, and to my faction mate who showed me where to find my API requests! Hopefully I have the knowledge I need now to put Ched's suggestion to use.