Hi,
I've been reading some guides related to attacking and weapons, but I like to have numbers and formulas to play with and understand how things work. So, what I'm trying to do, is to reproduce how the stats and weapon damage are converted into effective damage measured in life points reduction of the opponent.
According the post by Proxima, the base damage involves logarithm of the strength:
DAMAGE = 0.7 * (LOG(STR/10))^2 + 2.7 * LOG(STR/10) + 3.0
So here go my questions 1 and 2.
Question 1: The formula is for a head shot. How does the formula change for other body parts?
Recent changes to the damage have been described here and here. The newspaper article says "we begin by calculating a damage value based on your weapon and stats. Then, we take all of your damage bonuses and add them together, giving us a nice round figure. This figure is then applied as a percentage to boost your total to a final damage value."
Question 2: This sounds like the raw weapon damage is applied together with strength in the formula, not on top of the base damage. Am I right?
Once the base damage has been calculated, it is then multiplied by the sum of modifiers (weapon mastery, merits etc.) - this is quite clear.
The remaining modifiers are from the armour and opponent's defence. So my third question is:
Question 3: At which point in the calculation are the armour and defence modifiers applied?
Finally, I'm trying to figure out the exact formulas of these two modifiers. About the armour, the wiki is pretty clear: D(A) = D(I) * (1-A/100)
However, I'm a bit confused about the defence modifier. The wiki as well as the original announcement only give a table. I made a plot of this data and it looks like there is a combination of two logarithmic formulas, one for defence (opponent) < strength (me) and the other for defence > strength:
[image: i.imgur.com]
So here goes the
Question 4: what exactly is the formula for the defence multiplier?
I know that the answers to all my questions must exist somewhere, because there is the Fight Simulator by Proxima and 811, which probably has all the formulas coded.
I've been reading some guides related to attacking and weapons, but I like to have numbers and formulas to play with and understand how things work. So, what I'm trying to do, is to reproduce how the stats and weapon damage are converted into effective damage measured in life points reduction of the opponent.
According the post by Proxima, the base damage involves logarithm of the strength:
DAMAGE = 0.7 * (LOG(STR/10))^2 + 2.7 * LOG(STR/10) + 3.0
So here go my questions 1 and 2.
Question 1: The formula is for a head shot. How does the formula change for other body parts?
Recent changes to the damage have been described here and here. The newspaper article says "we begin by calculating a damage value based on your weapon and stats. Then, we take all of your damage bonuses and add them together, giving us a nice round figure. This figure is then applied as a percentage to boost your total to a final damage value."
Question 2: This sounds like the raw weapon damage is applied together with strength in the formula, not on top of the base damage. Am I right?
Once the base damage has been calculated, it is then multiplied by the sum of modifiers (weapon mastery, merits etc.) - this is quite clear.
The remaining modifiers are from the armour and opponent's defence. So my third question is:
Question 3: At which point in the calculation are the armour and defence modifiers applied?
Finally, I'm trying to figure out the exact formulas of these two modifiers. About the armour, the wiki is pretty clear: D(A) = D(I) * (1-A/100)
However, I'm a bit confused about the defence modifier. The wiki as well as the original announcement only give a table. I made a plot of this data and it looks like there is a combination of two logarithmic formulas, one for defence (opponent) < strength (me) and the other for defence > strength:
[image: i.imgur.com]
So here goes the
Question 4: what exactly is the formula for the defence multiplier?
I know that the answers to all my questions must exist somewhere, because there is the Fight Simulator by Proxima and 811, which probably has all the formulas coded.
Mentions: Addiction, Plushies & Attacking · Weapon & damage modifier rework 2021 · Weapon confusion